The 2.1 OTA is out

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
For the plebs, what is a memory leak? And is it why I'm getting that "Memory is low" text popping up on my screen now and again, when doing something utterly memory non-intensive like taking notes in Evernote?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
For the plebs, what is a memory leak?
Basically its when an application or the OS and/or its supporting apps doesn't properly release/let go of the memory when its done using it. Resulting in downgraded performance and eventually errors or force closing's can occur due to insufficient memory being available.

Here is a quick search and result from Wiki on this..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_leak

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is 2.2 coming out soon, last I saw, it was suppose to be at the end of last month.
Since it hasn't come out yet I'm guessing NVIDIA is still tweaking things. I'd rather wait a bit and have a good update than something broken.

NomisR

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah true.. but i'm going on a month long trip this Friday though, and I would like to get it done and over with.. then again, going on a trip with a buggy tablet is probably not a good idea either.

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Taking the Shield on a trip is better than going without it. I played movies and Trine on the plane with the controller, it was pretty cool. Of course I haven't bothered with the controller since, weird.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463