The 2.1 OTA is out

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"based on community feedback"? They ought to put that on billboards they erect in front of ASUS and Samsung headquarters.

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I got the update immediately. I'm very impressed with the speed of Nvidia. When google release the updates for the n5 I get it weeks or a month later.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Good stuff here for sure :)

NVIDIA came thru not once but twice w/ Lollipop for the holidays !

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Great tablet and excellent updates! Folks are missing out if they don't pick up a Shield!

Posted via the Android Central App

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Has your AP problems gone away now with Lollipop?

Sorry for the delay. Been away for a while.

Yes, the AP issues seem to be fixed. However, after the last OTA update, my battery only holds a charge 24 hours without even turning the screen on. All it shows is Android System as the culprit. Anyone else?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yes, the AP issues seem to be fixed. However, after the last OTA update, my battery only holds a charge 24 hours without even turning the screen on. All it shows is Android System as the culprit. Anyone else?
Sounds great on the AP problems. On the battery.. We obviously have Lollipop to point the finger at there.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Try a factory reset (or at least clear the system cache in recovery). It's a pain, but there could be something funky left over from the last OS version.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I've done so many factory resets in the past and never really gained from them except wasted time to get everything back. All was fine until the 2.1 update. Now the battery is lasting less than 12 hours.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've done so many factory resets in the past and never really gained from them except wasted time to get everything back. All was fine until the 2.1 update. Now the battery is lasting less than 12 hours.
Something strange is definitely going on with yours. I've only had mine for a week, but my standby time, and battery life in general, has been very good. I tried attaching a screenshot I just took...hopefully it works.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420601804021.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420601804021.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 57

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I turned off notification interruptions and now have 68% battery after 20 hours and about an hour of use. Not the best I've experienced, but way better than it's been lately.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have also seen battery life take a hit since the recent update. The strange part is the tablet is running great, I am still getting 5-6 hours of screen time however the battery is draining a lot while in idle. Prior to this update I would get 3 days of overall usage (assuming I was not gaming). Where as now the battery is draining a fair amount over night causing me to have to charge it every morning.

Really not a massive issue, and something I am sure will be tweaked upon the next update.

PS...yes a factory reset was done after the update, and I absolutely love the tablet.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Gonna assume this is all a bi product of Lollipop. When it was still on KitKat we had excellent battery life.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I turned off notification interruptions and now have 68% battery after 20 hours and about an hour of use. Not the best I've experienced, but way better than it's been lately.

Well, that didn't last long. Started chewing up battery again and all it pointed to was Android OS, not a specific app. I gave in and did yet another factory reset. It's lasting just over two days now, with light use. I am slowly implementing my apps back to see if one is the culprit, but highly doubt it.

I had high hopes when I saw this tablet. Samsung made great hardware, but wouldn't give updates. They also force their bloat ware upon you. Everyone else just sold cheap hardware. I thought I really had something, but out of the gate, had bugs. In fact, every single update has just brought on a new set of bugs.

I have become so disenchanted with the Android world. While I love my Mac, I've not been a fan of the iOS because it is locked down so much. However, I am tired of spending way more time baby sitting my tablet than actually using it.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Nvidia has hinted at a new update within the next 1-2 weeks. There is a pretty obvious memory leak with the version of lollipop we are on so hoping it is rectified.