Anyone switch from Nexus 9 to shield tablet?

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have both tablets and find the N9 a little faster and easier to read due to the screen resolution and extra real estate. The Shield Tab is more portable.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
^ same as I have both but in the end I prefer my SHIELD Tablet over the N9.

Posted via the Android Central App

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
What about you. Which one do you guys see has better performance less lag and better battery life ?

Posted via my Samsung GALAXY NOTE 4

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Until the recent 5.0.1 update hit the SHIELD Tablet last week it was lagging and not very battery friendly on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). Now the update has smoothed the experience out like it was on KitKat and battery life seems to be returning.

The Nexus 9, isn't as bad in my opinion as others make it out to be. I feel any device that you sit back and play games or watch video on will take a hard hit to battery. Sure the N9 takes a long time to charge up but once it does watching my kids play YouTube videos and play some games and surf the web it holds up very well.

Still not completely answering your question, I think it comes down to personal preference.

• Are you into gaming? Then SHIELD Tablet is an easy winner
  • Overall device size/screen. SHIELD Tablet is naturally smaller in over all size and 1 inch smaller display but it is also a tad heavier than the Nexus 9. Same token the Nexus 9 isn't that bulky by my standards, I find it very comfortable to sit back and use and its lighter.
  • Cost.... Nexus 9 will set you back much more to buy. NVIDIA on the other hand has been running some great deals up to the holidays on the SHIELD Tablet combo controller & tablet for a great price. But aside from the recent promo's NVIDIA still costs less.
  • Support... Google is good at keeping the OS updated, but its all wrapped in HTC's shell and therefore HTC has to take part in providing software improvements and updates to their own pieces of the device. This doesn't always play out very well... NVIDIA on the other hand handles the entire package on the SHIELD Tablet from front to back and inbetween. They handle the software and the hardware, its a one stop shop when something goes wrong or requires updates. And NVIDIA has a great track record going of updating their devices.
  • Expandable storage... Nexus 9.. (Cloud) SHIELD Tablet (removable sdcard). Enough said if your into that sort of thing.

Those are some key factors in my opinion to look at but do your homework, watch and read as many reviews on both as you can and make your best educated purchase from there.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
What about you. Which one do you guys see has better performance less lag and better battery life ?

Posted via my Samsung GALAXY NOTE 4

Both perform about the same. The Nexus has a much larger battery, but also has more pixels to power up. My Nexus seems to be a little better with battery life, but also takes longer to charge, though less frequently. As was mentioned earlier, read up as much as you can on both. Play with some display models. If you're a gamer, the Shield Tab has the dedicated controller, which works great. The Shield is also much easier to hold. If you're looking for more a mixed use device, the Nexus is a great device. To tell you the truth, I still have not made up my mind which one I am keeping. They're both awesome devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888