Awesome that... Jerry's favorite Android devices of 2014

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a Shield controller, which really kicks the device up a notch for gaming.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Does the 'y' button have zero travel compared to the other buttons on yours? I'm trying to figure out if my controller is defective.

Edit: And now it's suddenly working fine. There must have been debris inside or something.

Posted via the Android Central App (Shield Tablet)

Last edited:

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Shield LTE from Amazon today. I picked one up for my son for Christmas to replace his 3-year old Galaxy Tab 8.9 and was really impressed with it so I got one for myself. This is a really nice device. I found the Nexus 7 to be too small coming from a Motorola Xoom, but the Shield is big enough to comfortably view websites and videos. Nvidia did a great job with this one.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list that just received their Shield tablet. Got mine from Amazon yesterday. So far I'm extremely impressed. This thing is smooth and fast! Of course, I'm coming from a 2012 Nexus 7, so anything would be an improvement over what that turned in to. It's definitely a significant upgrade. I was debating between this and the Nexus 9 but couldn't justify the extra $100 and I like a little smaller form factor. I was afraid the 9 would be larger than I want. Really happy with the size of the Shield.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list that just received their Shield tablet. Got mine from Amazon yesterday. So far I'm extremely impressed. This thing is smooth and fast! Of course, I'm coming from a 2012 Nexus 7, so anything would be an improvement over what that turned in to. It's definitely a significant upgrade. I was debating between this and the Nexus 9 but couldn't justify the extra $100 and I like a little smaller form factor. I was afraid the 9 would be larger than I want. Really happy with the size of the Shield.
The shield is better at approximately everything anyways. 😀

XT1096NiT Fury. AndroidCentral Moderator