Turning Off Controller?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
OK so I just got the tablet and loving every minute of it and now the stupid problem. I can not figure out how to turn off the controller? They say press and old the Shield icon button but all it does is flash and never shuts off?

Posted via the Android Central App

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You need to hold the button for 6 seconds and it should flash then shut off. However I noticed with the latest update a few days ago that it is not shutting off for me and turns right back on. If you leave the controller idle for 10 min it will shut off automatically.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You need to hold the button for 6 seconds and it should flash then shut off. However I noticed with the latest update a few days ago that it is not shutting off for me and turns right back on. If you leave the controller idle for 10 min it will shut off automatically.

That's what us happening with mine

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Sure enough. I just connected mine and there was an update for the controller waiting. After running that, the controller light now keeps flashing when pressed and held and doesn't turn off like it used to.

Bug introduced in latest update?

Posted via the Android Central App (Shield Tablet)

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
OK, it seems this was an intended change. The controller now automatically shuts off when the tablet goes to sleep or is turned off. I tested this and it works. If I close the cover on my case or press power button to turn off tablet screen the controller turns off moments later.

Nvidia should have mentioned the functionality change in the patch notes.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
OK, it seems this was an intended change. The controller now automatically shuts off when the tablet goes to sleep or is turned off. I tested this and it works. If I close the cover on my case or press power button to turn off tablet screen the controller turns off moments later.

Nvidia should have mentioned the functionality change in the patch notes.

Good to know. Thank you for testing it

Nodrop Foot

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have the similar problem, after update nvidia shield hub ,
the tree white leds are on , and the nvidia button green doesn't change anything when I tap or hold 3s,6s,15s, 30s.
I search to force power off or reset controller .
I hope you have other idea to resolve my problem.
Thank.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2