Upgrade from a Nexus 7 2013?

Xaiux

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I've had a Nexus 7 2013 32GB for about a year and a half, and I am considering a Shield Tablet. I really like the fact it has a sdcard slot, and the K1 obviously destroys the under clocked S600 in the Nexus. I realize I will have to get at least a 16gb SD card, because my Nexus is basically full. What would be any concerns I should have? I'm planning to get a shield off kijiji, then resell my nexus so I end up paying hardly anything.

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
On latest software the Shield Tablet is running better than ever. It's not the thinnest or lightest tablet around and the power and volume buttons suck. But the performance and features are great and it's only a minor departure from stock Google Android. I'd say don't hesitate if the features appeal to you.

Posted via the Android Central App (Shield Tablet)

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I made the same move last Thanksgiving and haven't regretted the decision for a second.

Posted via the Android Central App

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You can't get rid of trine 2 (or move it to an SD card) even if you want to. Without rooting anyway.

I would definitely get a bigger than 16gb card.... I am using 64 and it is filling up. Nvidia shield type games can be fairly massive. Just wish there were a way to have them initially install on the card. As it is I install then move and I need to keep 2-3 gb free to install some of these.... (e.g. half life 2 episode 1).

Posted via the Android Central App