On the fence about getting one, help.

Bridey1

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have been trying to decide on a tablet and thought that this was the one, but the SD card issue is a big concern and apparently this mushy power button.

I would like a tablet with good specs so it will last a few years, OS updates, expandable memory, and an HDMI out connection for TV. It is really hard to find that in the approx. $200 price point!

Any thoughts on if the good outweighs the bad here?

Also, OT but curious, anyone know why so many tablets are now being made without HDMI output?

Thanks so much for thoughts.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I know some are experiencing issues with the SD but mine has worked fine. Power button is annoying but in no way a deal breaker. I am fully satisfied with my shield tablet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

awes0me

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I, also have had no problem with SD card. I got the fastest one I could find to use as expendable onboard memory and had no slow downs or issues what so ever. Yes the power but is not good but like that last guy said... Not a deal breaker. Battery life isn't the best but its not the worst either. For the money, you can't really get any better atm.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't experienced any issues with the tablet. I have a memory card, but haven't used it yet so I'm not familiar with what issues there might be.

The biggest annoyance is the power button. I often have difficulty getting the tablet turned on and off.

The tablet has done everything I've expected it to do as far as video playback. The price is good too, compared to the other more commonly known tablets like the Samsung line.

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
The problem I have had with the sd card is when I format it as adopted and start installing apps, letting the system decide what to move, it will mess up and start boot looping instead of booting up. I have to leave it as portable, install the apps I like, then move them to the sd manually after formatting it as adopted. Then download games and do the same thing. If I do that I can get it working. I am using a samsung pro 64 that has a read and write speed much faster than the memory on the tablet. This tablet has a much slower read and write speed than the moto x pure I have.

The on and off button I hate. I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and it's a royal pain.

The rubber strip over the speaker on the top (where I hold it in landscape mode) is coming off. It's just a very thin strip of rubber glued on and the glue is loosening up and seeping through. Really a cheap design.

If I had it to do over again I would have passed on this and gotten a chromebook. I dumped an ipad for it and do not plan on going back to ios but if this is the cream of the android tablet crop then I'm going chromebook when I can afford to. I really love my moto x pure, really hate this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair