I was so happy with the "superfooter"...

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was so happy with the "superfooter" in the Forums being able to be collapsed permanently. Why did that option get disabled? (As of 7:44pm Mountain Time)

-Frank

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It should still be there:

2011-09-19_18-51-51.png

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I see...

IE9 -- First time showed "Hide Superfooter". I selected Hide Sooperfooter and it did, as expected. Now, after closing and re-opening IE9, I always see "Show Superfooter", never "Hide Sooperfooter". When I click on "Show Sooperfooter, it does not show the superfooter. It stays hidden. But continues to show "Show Sooperfooter". This happens both logged in and logged out. I can never see the sooperfooter.

IE9-EDIT: Okay, I figured this one out. I had enabled "Settings | Safety | Tracking Protection. When I turned that off it started working again "as advertised". Must have something to do with "doubleclick.net", etc.

Google Chrome -- Will hide the sooperfooter when I click on it. And toggle back and forth, as expected. But after closing Google Chrome, the next time it always shows the sooperfooter (doesn't save the setting). I have to click on Hide Sooperfooter each time after restarting Google Chrome. Tested logged and logged out for this test.

Safari -- Works as advertised. Logged in or out for this test.

-Frank

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Is that a mix of Windows or is Mac included as well? Are you using any addon's with either browser?

Per your first post - it would be ideal if the IE9 scenario was always true :p

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is that a mix of Windows or is Mac included as well? Are you using any addon's with either browser?

Per your first post - it would be ideal if the IE9 scenario was always true :p
No MAC. Only Windows(7). Be sure to see my "IE9EDIT" in my previous post.

I'm very judicious with add-ons. Only the usual, Java, Adobe, etc.

-Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC