Login/Logout Issues

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
It seems each time I visit this site I have to re-login. Even checking the remember me button doesn't help.

Can it be something more reasonable like 7 days?

krocadile1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Little Trouble on Forums

Ello, I keep having problems staying signed in on these forums. (Not sure if this is the best spot to put this) Every time i go into a different forum or refresh the page my account gets logged out automatically and I have to re sign in to post something. I have no clue what could be wrong because I have my Firefox setting set to delete the cookies after i close it (If I didn't have that set it wouldn't sign me in at all) Anyone know how to fix it possibly?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Little Trouble on Forums

Typically, AC has a time-out limit for inactivity. Not sure exactly, but around 10 minutes or so, maybe a little longer. After that, it requires you to log in again.

Happens to me a lot.

Also, check your browser for time-out settings. I used to see that in IE a couple years ago, but honestly, I havent check browser settings in so long...........

I use Firefox also, and usually after 10-15 minutes, I have to log in again.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I have been noticing the same thing lately and though it was the device I have been using as of late. Lol

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site

Just looking to post about this myself. For the last week or so the forums are no longer keeping me signed in between visits. Using Google Chrome. I'm going to say it's the site and not us. ;)

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Auto logoff timer annoyingly too short

This happens to me all the time, it's driving me nuts! sometimes it seems my login is saved but if I refresh or go to a different page, or try to post, I discover I'm logged out.

VERY annoying.

:mad:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: Auto logoff timer annoyingly too short

Looking into it for you. They are working on some backend stuff to enhance the login process which may create temporary side affects such as this. Will keep you posted.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site

OK I'm still having issues with the forum signing me out. It's something that started happening about 2 weeks ago. I just started testing this issue with Firefox to see if it was Chrome causing the issue.

With all the recent site changes I thought maybe it was somehow related to it but seems there are only 2 of us currently having the issue. ;)

Ubuntu 11.04

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

I run stock Firefox with default settings from installation. I get booted after about 15+ minutes inactivity more or less. Expected. A default Win7 installation. No "ad blocker apps/pop ups"

Things seem normal to me.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I run stock Firefox with default settings from installation. I get booted after about 15+ minutes inactivity more or less. Expected. A default Win7 installation. No "ad blocker apps/pop ups"

Things seem normal to me.

I use the most recent version of FF on Windows 7, XP and Vista, and, I never have to log back into AC. Even after a reboot of my computer I'll still be logged in. This computer was off all night and I turned it on today and was logged in.

I use pin tabs in FF though and have multiple forums pinned which I just refresh when I want to see what's new, which may account for it.

Also, I just noticed that when I go to the AC main page, it says Login at the top, so, I'm not logged in. But, if I then click on the Forums link, I'm logged in.

Last edited:

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site

For me the issue seems to be related to Chrome sadly. Firefox is keeping me logged in properly.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Lame. FF is the way to go anyway. Nothing has been able to pull me away from it. About six months ago I tested out a plethora of browsers, and, nothing could dethrone FF. Opera, Chrome, I dunno, I forget what else, but, I didn't really care for any of the other ones. And, I love the Pin Tabs and Tab Groups. I dunno if any of the other browsers do that yet, but, it's sweet!! :D

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

OK I'm still having issues with the forum signing me out. It's something that started happening about 2 weeks ago. I just started testing this issue with Firefox to see if it was Chrome causing the issue.

With all the recent site changes I thought maybe it was somehow related to it but seems there are only 2 of us currently having the issue. ;)

Ubuntu 11.04

I've been noticing these issues as well...and like you that it was just me. Happens with CrackBerry and teamuscellular.com as well. Using Chrome, but it also seems to happen on my Merge as well. Solved that problem by purchasing Tapatalk with an Amazon credit.

I've tried going back to FF, but to me it just seems slower than Chrome...not sure why.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm noticing it as well.... one minute I'm signed in, then I go to a different page and I'm asked to sign in again.

I moved this thread to AC Meta so Cory can see it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Hey guys,

Guess what? I've been having the same problem! :p

There's been a lot of troubleshooting going on over the last week, and I believe we've figured out what the issue is and have resolved it. That said, the key operative is *think* so if it happens again please sound off. Chances are I already know about it, but it's always good/important to hear additional feedback.

Cyber: thanks for moving it over here where I could see it.

And a big thanks to all of you for your patience over the last week. I know how annoying those types of things can be.

Cory

Reactions: Cyber Warrior

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Does this affect the mobile sight I'm constinly having to resign in in my bionic no issues with tapatalk just mobile sight.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
So question is AC run as a two part sight? I long into main home page every things fine click forums and I have to log in. Its like this on both mobile and non mobile.
Yeah both the mobile site and the full site.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

No, the site is the same in terms of the repository for user authentication credentials. There's currently a project underway to enhance the user experience so they only see one screen for authentication across this and all other SPE sites. Currently you see one for the forums and another for the blog. The one for the forums is going away.