05-04-2012 08:24 AM
65 123
tools
    We made some changes today. Do you still have this issue?
    04-28-2012 12:42 AM
    Seems ok now. Thanks
    04-28-2012 08:06 AM
    Awesome. Thanks for reporting back.
    04-28-2012 09:38 AM
    Works good. Just woke up. I'm in Hawaii.

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2
    04-28-2012 10:19 AM
    Just want to say that this new V3 format in the Forum section is the nutz! Great stuff. Fast, clean, slick looking, makes my computers think they are new. Nice arrangement. About the only thing I would like to see is for the Forum current location pathing menu to be higher on the page. Perhaps just above the new user profile section (which I also like) rather than below. Just under the prime "Android Central" pathing link. Not sure about the "popular/trending" usefulness to me, but I do like the profile stuff up there.

Already way better than all the previous versions that I have seen. Like the color too!

Added note: I very often use my mobile hotspot to access this forum. Needless to say the signal is not always the best and the latency has been a little issue for me in the past (having to click on something twice because the site didn't respond fast enough to deal with my wireless latency). Well, this new format is way better. I virtually never have to click on any link twice anymore. I attribute this to the site being faster. Guessing maybe in the ad server areas and such. Anyway, very nice.

Thanks!!!

-Frank
    04-28-2012 04:06 PM
    It would be great if we had back a comment rating system, but maybe a +1 system?

Also, it would be great if we could get notifications when someone replies to our comments.

Otherwise, I haven't seen any bugs and I love the new modern feel of the site .
    HAAS599 likes this.
    04-29-2012 08:44 AM
    Looks great on the iPad. Love the redesign. Makes me visit the site even more
    04-29-2012 09:12 AM
    On the main page there is a sidebar item that lists "Latest Headlines". This seems a little redundant. What is the use case for this existing? I would like to see it replaced with a "Most Discussed" for the past 2-3 days on the sidebar since there is no way to sort the stories by comment counts. Also, if someone has been off the grid for a few days he/she could just load up the AC homepage and quickly see the major stories they missed.

I would also put the download official app, wallpapers, podcast, etc. part of the sidebar higher up on the totem pole.
    04-29-2012 09:18 AM
    I'll let the guys on the blog side respond to your suggestion, but I did want to say that your avatar is dope! Those were the days
    04-29-2012 10:05 AM
    Could you put back a dedicated 'podcasts' tab? I am not sure how to find them now.

thank you
    04-29-2012 01:40 PM
    Long time listener, first time caller. Well, not really but you get the idea. Anyways, the new site does not have an obvious way / link to find the weekly podcasts. It used to be in the top area somewhere but now i have to really look to find it. Also, the shopandroid.com site does not have an obvious way to link back to Android Central. You can select a link to get to Shop Android from AC but I always have to open a new tab / window to get back to Android Central. Since are both affiliated, then it should be easy to go back and forth between sites. Thanks for listening.
    04-30-2012 06:18 AM
    I noticed another "issue" today. I had a news tip that I wanted to send in, and I couldn't find a "contact us" or "tip us" link on the main blog page. I search for a good 3 or 4 minutes (manually and with my browsers search function) and didn't find anything. I ended up going into the podcast post because I know there always a contact us link in there.

Anyway, there used to be a "contact us" or "tip us" link on the main page. Can we please bring that back?

I've said it before, but this v3 update is awesome. And I really appreciate and respect how actively yall are incorporating feedback from your users. Keep up the good work.
    04-30-2012 08:51 AM
    It's pretty, but it's still ridiculous that I have to scroll down before I can read even the first sentence of the first article.
    05-01-2012 08:00 AM
    It's pretty, but it's still ridiculous that I have to scroll down before I can read even the first sentence of the first article.
    Agreed.

It would be one thing if the thing taking up all the room at the top was advertising. At least that would be a valid excuse.

But the monster images are simply links to stories. The are just links!! Sometimes they are links to articles you could actually see and read, except for the fact that the link is in the way!

The designer doesn't seem to recognize that readers learn to ignore useless information. They quickly scroll past these things without even looking at them. So why punish every visitor with these gaudy huge images every visit?

They are links to old articles, that you've already read on prior visits.

They aren't revenue producing ads.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    05-01-2012 10:24 AM
    Does anyone know where to download the Android Central "theme" music for a ringtone? I would like to set the intro music on the site's videos as a ringtone.

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I could not find it after many searches.
    05-04-2012 08:24 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD