Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Signatures added by the Android app are not filtered by web site

I wondered why I keep seeing "posted from my..." signatures in posts, when I have "Show signatures" disabled in site preferences. I think it's because the signatures are added by the Tapatalk app, and appear as the message text.

When I reply, it's tiresome to use up page space with quotes that include the banal "Posted from my...." text, so I delete it more often with the web site. But I'm posting more and more from my Nexus, where it's a wee bit harder to select and delete just the signature text.

RFE: have the signature text inserted by Tapatalk tagged the same way as signature blocks are on the web site, so that they can be omitted from quoted-reply text.
    Forums Emeritus

12,993 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Re: Signatures added by the Android app are not filtered by web site

Good idea. I'll see if I can develop something that strips out the standard Tapatalk signature from quoted posts.
    ChromeJob likes this.