Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Default Re: Forum logs me out randomly

I have to log back in all the time when I return after I'm away for a while. I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome.

Sort of frustrating.

Global Posts
    1,455 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I'm having to hit the Login button every time I return after closing all tabs. Currently at work behind Webwasher or something; Firefox 16.0.2 on Windows 7.

Seems this all started for me when that big red "Passport Live!" button started showing up (I think).

Still getting logged out using Chrome/desktop and Opera Mini/phone.
    On the desktop just clicking Log In gets me back in, on the phone it's hit or miss.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

this is driving me up the wall. As soon as you click log in, or any logged in required items you are automatically logged in without having to do anything. I am on firefox 17 and Vista PC.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Hey everyone - I apologize to those of you who are experiencing problems with Passport. Passport was a major undertaking, and as with any project of this scope, there will be a few kinks to work out. For those of you that continue to have problems, it would really be helpful if you could provide your browser type/version, OS, and any 3rd party plug-ins you might be using. Also, if you can describe any steps you can take to reproduce the issue, that would also be useful.

Thanks!

Cory
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

Default Re: Passport Login/Logout Issues

Newest chrome, no extensions. Win7 32 bit ultimate. To duplicate, I just close the browser, then reopen, go to ac and I have to log in. Also, letting it idol for 20 minutes or so and mess with other tabs, it will time out

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    bc2k likes this.
    Zee

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Hey everyone - I apologize to those of you who are experiencing problems with Passport. Passport was a major undertaking, and as with any project of this scope, there will be a few kinks to work out. For those of you that continue to have problems, it would really be helpful if you could provide your browser type/version, OS, and any 3rd party plug-ins you might be using. Also, if you can describe any steps you can take to reproduce the issue, that would also be useful.

Thanks!

Cory
    Browser: Chrome for Linux Version 25.0.1323.1 dev
    Browser extensions: Adblock Plus 1.3.1, Google Mail checker 4.4

Steps: Started up Chrome this morning, went to my AC Forums bookmark. Red Passport is Live, have to click login. Happens every morning.

FF 14, add on's: Ad Block, Grease Monkey, Vista machine
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Do you know if you block third-party cookies on the desktop browser? When you logout it occurs on mobilenations.com, but we load an image from androidcentral.com that initiates the cookie reset. If third party cookies are blocked, that would not occur.
    I've only had time to check the public PC I use daily and yes, it's set to block third-party cookies (low privacy setting in IE8). Whatever updates you guys pushed out seem to have fixed the issue though. I can log out like a champ now.

I did run into a different issue when trying to reply to your post. I wasn't logged in but clicked Reply. This used to take me to the log in page and then back to the topic with the reply window open and ready for me to type in, but this time it took me to the passport sign up (not in) page. There was an option for already having an account and just needing to log in so I clicked that. When I logged in it took me to the account manager page. So not a huge issue since all I had to do was navigate to the right topic and hit Reply again but an odd one none the less.

Being repeatedly logged-out during the day and never stay logged-in overnight when I start Chrome (Version 23.0.1271.64 m) the next day. Windows 7.
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

New code was pushed out this afternoon, addresses some more cookie issues. Please let me know how it works after your next login.
    yes, that old

Carrier
    Codename Android / franco

Every time I get an email notification of a new message on a subscribed topic, I click the link, but then AC tells me to log in and I click the log in button three times and it logs me in, but I cannot get the log in screen. I have logged out and logged in multiple times. This has been going on for two weeks. What a pain in the ********. Forums that are hard to use make me skip replying to anything, since it will add to the hassle.
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

I think we finally squashed the repeat login bug about an hour ago. Let me know if you see any improvements today.

As of almost 8am CST, it made me login again.

I'll give it a try again a bit later.
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    As of almost 8am CST, it made me login again.

I'll give it a try again a bit later.
    When was you previous login? You have to login at least once since 2am EST to get the new cookies.
    yes, that old

Carrier
    Codename Android / franco

I think we finally squashed the repeat login bug about an hour ago. Let me know if you see any improvements today.
    Failed on this message, took two click to log in. WinXP SP3 (completely up to date) FF 16.02, last login with message above Yesterday, 07:53 PM

Whats weird is I have no problems with my Mac but my SG3 won't log in at all. Yes I checked my log in id and password, uninstalled and reinstalled twice now and still nothing on the app side
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    Whats weird is I have no problems with my Mac but my SG3 won't log in at all. Yes I checked my log in id and password, uninstalled and reinstalled twice now and still nothing on the app side
    If you have issues login with the apps, first reset you password. Cogwheel top right corner, Your Account, Change Password.

If you have issues login with the apps, first reset you password. Cogwheel top right corner, Your Account, Change Password.
    Change it here or within the app?
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

Sorry here.

Well at first it didn't work and now it does! Frustration to glee!
    Zee

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts

Update from me, no more issues with logins! I'm auto-logged in every morning now. Thank you!
    Mobile Nations Chief Media Officer

Global Posts
    3,763 Global Posts

Great to hear. I think any remaining Passport Gremlins have been successfully squashed. Thanks for all the patience!

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    Well at first it didn't work and now it does! Frustration to glee!
    Contact me if you run into any more issues with this or ANYTHING else. I'm here for you all.

Extremely pleased that this one has been resolved.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast