Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Passport Login/Logout Issues

Logged in this morning from a public PC and haven't been able to log out of the Forums. I click Log Out and get the standard Win message about viewing secure info only and see the Passport log out screen but then it returns me to the Forums with my account still logged in. Have done this several times in a row and nothing. I closed all windows and came back to AC.com and it didn't show me logged in any more, but when I click on the Forums my account is loaded again. Never asks me to log in and I know I checked NOT to keep me logged in. Anyone else having issues?
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

Default re: Passport Login/Logout Issues

We moved the logout action to a non secure page, can you try now?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by dextorboot View Post
    Anyone else having issues?
    Not here. Just logged out successfully using FF. What browser were you using?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    We moved the logout action to a non secure page, can you try now?
    Nope. Still doing it, minus the Windows message of course. I had to delete cookies yesterday to stay logged out. I'm using IE8.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Having the same problem with IE from different computers?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,698 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock (4.3)

Need a way to unmerge accounts from Passport as well, since I didn't know I'd have a whole new user name and the one I used to log in since forever wouldn't work when I input it into the form - forcing me to press the create an account in hopes it would auto-detect it and merge it. Now I have basically two accounts one with the user name I created well over a year ago and one with a user name I... certainly didn't.

Also having the logout issues on IE10, but I guess that's good since I'd never have guessed what my new early Christmas present user name was without this "issue," and coincidentally the Metro and Desktop Browsers tend to use separate cookies for the same sites, it seems.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Having the same problem with IE from different computers?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Yes. Posting from my Vista machine with IE9. Previous one was Win7 and IE8. Only difference now is when I close all IE windows and come back to AC I'm still logged in at the main page.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Yes. Posting from my Vista machine with IE9. Previous one was Win7 and IE8. Only difference now is when I close all IE windows and come back to AC I'm still logged in at the main page.
    Strange, must be some issue with IE. Try it with another browser, to eliminate it being a problem with your account.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I don't have another browser on a pc, but I tested using the standard android internet app on my SG2 and chrome on my N7. No issues.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I don't have another browser on a pc, but I tested using the standard android internet app on my SG2 and chrome on my N7. No issues.
    Weird. If it were just your PC, I think we'd be able to say it's your PC, but, since you had an issue with a public PC, I dunno. Maybe it's an IE issue.

Default AndroidCntral forums not logging in

I have checked and rechecked my log in ID and password, logged out on my home computer but the app refuses to recognize my log in from my phone.
    bc2k likes this.
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    Need a way to unmerge accounts from Passport as well, since I didn't know I'd have a whole new user name and the one I used to log in since forever wouldn't work when I input it into the form - forcing me to press the create an account in hopes it would auto-detect it and merge it. Now I have basically two accounts one with the user name I created well over a year ago and one with a user name I... certainly didn't.
    Email Michelle at accounts@mobilenations.com and she will get it sorted out for you.
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

Do you know if you block third-party cookies on the desktop browser? When you logout it occurs on mobilenations.com, but we load an image from androidcentral.com that initiates the cookie reset. If third party cookies are blocked, that would not occur.

I've been having the same problem at multiple PC's at home and work on IE8 or Firefox (both with default cookie settings). Whether I'm on the blog site or forums, when I click the logout option in the upper right of the page, it attempts to log out, but returns me to the same page still logged in. The only way I seem to be able to kill the login, is to clear cookies which I always do anyway after a browsing session. Never had this problem before Passport went live. No big deal for me, but it's annoying none the less. I really have no need for the Passport option as I have no interest in posting at other Mobile Nations sites, just Android Central. Btw, I'm logging in with only my AC account, not Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft if it makes any difference.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Forum logs me out randomly

I'm having trouble staying logged into the forums. When I click a link in a thread subscription email I will often be logged out of the site, requiring me to log in again in order to post a reply or view attachments (causing me to lose pagination as it goes back to the start of the thread).

The same thing happens at the wpcentral forums.
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

Default Re: Forum logs me out randomly

After you are logged out, do you have to login again fully or does it log you in as soon as you click login?

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

It logs me in as soon as I click.

Global Posts
    6,917 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Wicked Sensations

Same over at webosnation.com. Probably something to do with the new login procedure. I'm not a fan of it either, to be blunt.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Default Re: AndroidCntral forums not logging in

try reinstalling or clearing Data in app info

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess

Those were going to be my next things to try just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    funkylogik likes this.

Sometimes I forget that there are spaces in between my username and this happens

Make sure you are putting it in correctly, you have no idea how many times I do this on the mobile app, lmao

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.

Nope didn't work! Unistalled it and reinstalled it and still nothing even after checking my log in stuff on my home computer. Just doesn't want to work for me for what ever reason, really irratated.

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    Nope didn't work! Unistalled it and reinstalled it and still nothing even after checking my log in stuff on my home computer. Just doesn't want to work for me for what ever reason, really irratated.
    Maybe change your password online and then try again?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.

The app is buggy....it doesnt even work on 4G or 4G LTE and I have great LTE coverage
    It tells me I am not logged in when I was just using the app to reply posts

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    The app is buggy....it doesnt even work on 4G or 4G LTE and I have great LTE coverage
    It tells me I am not logged in when I was just using the app to reply posts
    mail the dev.
    i still cant change avatar since JB.. also sometimes embedded pics dont render unless i clear ram.
    a site so high in google should really have a perfect client imo...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast