Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By James Falconer
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By James Falconer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool New Mobile Nations Profile Popups Ready for Prime Time

A quick heads up for everyone today, as we've just finished pushing a new profile popup system to ALL of the Mobile Nations sites. This new feature is tied directly into your Passport account, so you'll want to take note of all the details.

To view the new profile popups, simply click on a username or avatar, and all will be revealed

The popup contains your username, and clearly shows the sites where you have an active account. You will also see your global post count (local post counts are still shown in the sidebar), and number of 'likes' and 'thanks' received. In addition, your location, device and carrier info can be found here.

For the heavy forum user, you will notice some changes. Your occupation and interest information has been replaced by a global 'bio' setting. Any local social links (links to your Facebook, G+, Twitter and Microsoft Accounts) will be found in the new profile popup, and are editable via Passport.

Other than that, most of your 'local' forum settings and options should remain the same.

We hope you enjoy this new feature. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. We're here to help!
    davey11 likes this.

Default Re: New Mobile Nations Profile Popups Ready for Prime Time

That's a nice feature.

Hi all, nice feature, but my Avatar upload doesn't seem to work on website and AC app. Please delete it for now, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post
    Hi all, nice feature, but my Avatar upload doesn't seem to work on website and AC app. Please delete it for now, thanks!
    Sorry its giving you trouble. I reset your avatar to one of the defaults as you requested.

Give the avatar upload a try again later. I recommend using desktop/website to do this before the AC app.
    sr2012 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Sorry its giving you trouble. I reset your avatar to one of the defaults as you requested.

Give the avatar upload a try again later. I recommend using desktop/website to do this before the AC app.
    Thanks so much for the prompt action, keep up the great work, the podcast is good too.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

No problem sr2012. Everyone gives it their best efforts.

Have a good day.
    sr2012 likes this.

I was wondering where the profile info went. Saw this thread and figured it out. Its pretty good now. I like how a pic of your phone shows up. They even send an email when you change settings. Kinda overkill but nice.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

...and there's much more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    No problem sr2012. Everyone gives it their best efforts.
    Have a good day.
    Hi Paul, one thing I would like to highlight, recently, I appreciate you changing my AndroidCentral avatar. All good.

However now, when I go to the MobileNations Passport page, my old avatar is there, and I can't seem to add another avatar.

It could be because of some corruption of the avatar file (due to Sony Xperia S and AC app?) so this could have screwed things up?

Is it possible to delete my MobileNations Passport avatar?

Curious as to why it is different from my AndroidCentral avatar?

Also, interestingly, in Android Central, when I click on my user name the popup appears, and on the left it shows the small default avatar and on the right it shows the old, pixelated avatar (presumably from MobileNations).

Cheers.
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts

However now, when I go to the MobileNations Passport page, my old avatar is there, and I can't seem to add another avatar. Is it possible to delete my MobileNations Passport avatar?
    What what happens when you upload a new Avatar? Fully deleting a Passport avatar (returning to default) is not available yet, but will be added in the next version.

Curious as to why it is different from my AndroidCentral avatar?
    When Paul fixed it he reset the forums avatar, but not the Mobile Nations Passport Avatar. Avatars are usually pushed from Passport to the forums, so that is how it got out of sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Adolfsson View Post
    What what happens when you upload a new Avatar? Fully deleting a Passport avatar (returning to default) is not available yet, but will be added in the next version.

When Paul fixed it he reset the forums avatar, but not the Mobile Nations Passport Avatar. Avatars are usually pushed from Passport to the forums, so that is how it got out of sync.
    Hi Marcus, the popup still shows pixelated Avatar, and Mobile Nations Passport still shows old, pixelated Avatar, and I can't change it still through a desktop browser. When I click "Save" it doesn't save, nothing happens.

Could an admin delete my MobileNations Passport avatar please?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

sr2012,

I'm experiencing the same issue. We will have the tech team look at this asap. Thanks for your patience!
    sr2012 likes this.