Why aren't Profile info.; From: - Device: - Carrier: ? showing-up on forum thread posts?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Why aren't Profile info.; From: - Device: - Carrier: ? showing-up on forum thread posts? Or at our Forum Profile > About settings, where we edit our profile settings? :confused:

Last edited:

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why are Profile info.; From; Device; Carrier ? not showing on forum thread posts?

Could you clarify what isn't showing up for you?...

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why are Profile info.; From; Device; Carrier ? not showing on forum thread posts?

Why are Profile info.; From; Device; Carrier ? not showing on forum thread posts? :confused:

They are now displaying in the pop-up that shows when you click on an Avatar or username. You can customize the settings in the Passport Profile.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Could you clarify what isn't showing up for you?...
Hello, thank you, James, for responding.
Yes, from the: Forum Profile > Basic Information > About ? the:
'From:'
&
'Current Device:'
&
'Carrier:'
. . . 'About' / profile categories have all disappeared. :confused: As you know, those 'From:' & 'Current Device:' & 'Carrier:' fields from the: Profile > Basic Information > About ? always showed-up below the members avatar, whenever a forum post was made. Now, only: ROM/Kernel:, Theme:, Next Device(s):, YouTube Channel:, and Github: ? remain in the 'Additional Information' section of the Forum Profile.
Again, the: location; current device; carrier?fields?are not only no longer showing-up in my profile 'pop-up', but they aren't even showing-up in my profile under 'About', for me to input (fill-in). Just was wondering why? Thanks for your prompt response. ;)

They are now displaying in the pop-up that shows when you click on an Avatar or username. You can customize the settings in the Passport Profile.
Hello, thank you, Marcus, for responding.
Actually, the information is not displaying "in the pop-up that shows when you click on my avatar or username." It does for you & James, and for many other members, but I've also noticed that the profile 'About' info. is not displaying?with about an equal amount of members. And again, it is not displaying at my pop-up, from my avatar, nor does it exist in my forum profile, under 'About'. In fact, the categories no longer even exist. There's no longer any: 'From:' & 'Current Device:' & 'Carrier:' fields? to fill-in at my Forum Profile, under 'About'. What's up with that? :confused:
Thanks very much for your very prompt responses.

Last edited:

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Sorry it is a bit confusing as we are migrating the our Passport system. Those fields are now in Passport - Click on the Cogwheel in the top right corner, select Your Account.

You can also click on Edit within your Popup.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

winmod21... let me know if you're still experiencing some issues. Will make sure they're taken care of.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Sorry it is a bit confusing as we are migrating the our Passport system. Those fields are now in Passport - Click on the Cogwheel in the top right corner, select Your Account. You can also click on Edit within your Popup.
Thanks again for your prompt replies. Clicking "on edit within your Popup" does not allow you to re-enter those three missing fields. And in fact, there is no "edit" to click on in the pop-up, only 'Forums Profile,' which takes me to the 'About' page?where again, the: location; current device; carrier fields are all still missing. Oddly, the 'Kernel' field is still there, which oddly leaves the info. under my avatar saying: '323 Posts, Stock'.

However, clicking on the cogwheel > account ? did take me to the passport thing. Personally, I prefer the 'Forums Profile'/About Info. fields and how the related member info. displayed underneath the member avatars? at each thread post. Don't care for the new pop-ups at all, nor the way the Profile/About Info. is now displayed? within the pop-up. But that's just me talkin'. I have no idea what a 'Passport system' even is. So I'm wondering, is there anywhere on the AC site where it, the 'Passport system,' or the change-over is being described or explained? Thanks again for your prompt replies.

Also ? the 'Passport system' is not displaying info. correctly, that I input. When I repeatedly type: Coeur d'Alene . . .it keeps showing-up as: Coeur dAlene, with no apostrophe.

Last edited:

skoenig

Mobile Nations Staff
Aug 11, 2009
Visit site

We'll be fixing character issues in the bio and location fields in the next iteration which will be live shortly.

The issue comes about because we had an over-zealous sanitizer for those fields. Sorry about that!

Regards

Steph

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

No worries. ;) Thanks for the follow-up.

skoenig

Mobile Nations Staff
Aug 11, 2009
Visit site

This character issues should be fixed now...

Regards

Steph

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks again for your prompt replies. Clicking "on edit within your Popup" does not allow you to re-enter those three missing fields. And in fact, there is no "edit" to click on in the pop-up, only 'Forums Profile,'

On your own pop-up, there should be an edit button to the left of Forums Profile if you are logged in. Today we removed the old profile page, it now redirects to the Mobile Nations Passport account page. The remaining old profile settings (ROM/Kernel, Next Device) are now under "General Settings" until we move them as well.

I have no idea what a 'Passport system' even is. So I'm wondering, is there anywhere on the AC site where it, the 'Passport system,' or the change-over is being described or explained? Thanks again for your prompt replies.

Mobile Nations Passport is now live! | Android Central

http://forums.androidcentral.com/si...r-support-moving-mobile-nations-passport.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/si...-nations-profile-popups-ready-prime-time.html

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

On your own pop-up, there should be an edit button to the left of Forums Profile if you are logged in. Today we removed the old profile page, it now redirects to the Mobile Nations Passport account page. The remaining old profile settings (ROM/Kernel, Next Device) are now under "General Settings" until we move them as well.
Actually...there's no "edit button to the left of Forums Profile" . . on my pop-up, when I'm logged in. :confused:

Not that it matters, but imo, it was sure a lot easier to glance at another members' profile info. with the old system?with the profile info. in the post sidebars. With these annoying pop-ups, half the time they don't pop-up, or start to pop-up but then disappear, etc. Then, when you do get the pop-up to stay popped-up, is it just me, or are they just simply too busy and not as easy to quickly scan & read? Moreover, when you accidentally swipe your mouse or finger across the avatar?it makes the pop-up pop-up when you don't want it to. :rolleyes: Let's face it, who amongst us actually likes pop-ups??? :confused:
? And if I'd wanted an incorrect picture of my phone, in the wrong colour, on my profile?I'd have posted one earlier. :rolleyes:
? And what's a 'Comment'??? :confused: Many member's who've been posting here for several years?still have ' 0 ' comments! What's that all about??? :confused:
Imo, this passport/pop-up profile system is an annoying down-grade to the UI, and less of a user friendly UI to forum members and readers. Before, we could all just glance at the post side-bar for a quick member info. reference, however now, one has to make the pop-up pop-up. :rolleyes: And why bother? I no longer do. :rolleyes: So who cares? Probably not many. Including me from now on.
Thanks so much for your timely responses & help.

And thanks for the links, although they didn't really explain? why the migration?? too well.

Last edited:

Capthowdyy

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hope this clears it up. When I first got this app I registered on the site and filled out my profile info. Then I started using the app on my phone. I had a gs3 at the time. I navigated to my profile info on the app and saw that it showed the device I was using, where I'm from and my carrier.
Now the profile page in the app no longer shows where I'm from, my device or carrier. I still have this info filled in if I browse the site on my laptop.

Here's a screen shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357587026031.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357587026031.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 4