Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Stock: Unrooted

Default '0 New' counter (w/ drop-down arrow) next to 'Settings' isn't working, any longer.

Since Monday morning, 14 Jan, ET my '0 New' counter (w/ drop-down arrow) upper left of page between my avatar & 'Settings' is no longer working. Hence it's not showing 'Likes' or 'Thanks' or 'Quoted Posts' which of course helps to signal that someones responded to a post you've made, by them liking, thanking or quoting it.

All three, 'Likes' & 'Thanks' & 'Quoted Posts' ... are not appearing after other members' 'Like' or 'Thank' or quote one of my posts.

Problem started immediately after I posted a 'joshing' post about moderator Paul627g's choice of grammar on one of his posts on the Random Social Chit-Chat thread, on the main Samsung Galaxy S3 forum. So I guess I'm hoping that he didn't stoop to disabling my 'Likes' 'Thanks' 'Quoted Posts' '0 New' counter. :rolleyes: For that would be an extraordinarily lame act.

Thanks.

Default Re: '0 New' counter (w/ drop-down arrow) next to 'Settings' isn't working, any longer.

winmod21,

Would you be able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing... that way we can try and recreate the issue, and fix for you?

Default Re: '0 New' counter (w/ drop-down arrow) next to 'Settings' isn't working, any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post

Problem started immediately after I posted a 'joshing' post about moderator Paul627g's choice of grammar on one of his posts on the Random Social Chit-Chat thread, on the main Samsung Galaxy S3 forum. So I guess I'm hoping that he didn't stoop to disabling my 'Likes' 'Thanks' 'Quoted Posts' '0 New' counter. :rolleyes: For that would be an extraordinarily lame act.

Thanks.
    winmod21,

I would be happy to take the blame for your notifications not working properly but that sounds like a software /account related bug that occurred.

Fyi, moderators have no control over disabling anyone's likes /thanks from showing up.

James will see this gets resolved for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    winmod21,

Would you be able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing... that way we can try and recreate the issue, and fix for you?
    Thanks James. This, tonite, is actually the first time I've ever posted from my phone, and from this phone view, on my GS3, I'm not even seeing the avatar, 0 New, Settings....that's under the user name, whilst viewing AC from a desktop. Hence there's nothing to screenshot, except the black background w/ white text forum threads.

I'll try to log-on tomorrow from a laptop, as I typically do, and always have done.

Thanks again.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    winmod21,

I would be happy to take the blame for your notifications not working properly but that sounds like a software /account related bug that occurred.

Fyi, moderators have no control over disabling anyone's likes /thanks from showing up.
    Well that's good and somewhat comforting to hear, considering. :-P

[ UPDATE ]: Seems to be working again, now.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Carrier

Stopped working again. . .

. . . '0 New' counter drop-down @ left-upper-header, directly below username, immediately right of avatar, has stopped working again.
    Thus, although a post I made today has been quoted, the counter still says '0 New', and drop-down list still says '0 Quoted Posts'.

A screenshot would simply show the same thing, that I've just twice explained.

Can you give me your browser specs? Name, version, etc. This will help us diagnose the problem, as I'm unable to recreate the issue on my end.

Thanks!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Carrier

Hi James Thanks again for your help!

Firefox
    'Firefox is up to date'
    'You are currently on the release update channel'

Protocols:
    Use SSL 3.0 [checked] Use TLS 1.0 [checked]

================
    Also occasionally use:

IE8
    Version: 8.0.6001.18702IC

. . . both browsers are (and always have been) running fine; no problems anywhere else; no recent changes have occurred with either browsers.

Thanks again for your quick replies, and efforts to help!

Cool thanks, we will check this out.

Are you sure you just don't have any new notifications coming in? :P
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Carrier

Well, the '0 New - counter drop-down' thing-a-ma-jig seems to be working again. Over the last several days, it'll be working one day, and then not the next. But it's working now. So no worries I guess, and thanks again for your attentiveness, prompt replies & customer care.

Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    Are you sure you just don't have any new notifications coming in? :P
    Very funny , but no, I just happened to be reading a few threads, late last week and into the weekend, where I noticed that some posts I had made had been quoted, and/or thanked/liked, and it caught my attention because the '0 New - counter drop-down' thing-a-ma-jig was still showing '0 New'; over a several day span.

Anyhoo, it seems to be working again now.

Great, glad to hear it's working as it should now!

If it starts acting up again, please reach out to me here or shoot me an email: james@mobilenations.com.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Carrier

Thanks again, and will do.