Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
01-25-2013 06:36 AM
2 replies
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By James Falconer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Links on Beta Requests Forum

I'm just looking for a little clarification of the rules for posting on the Beta Requests forum please?

At the company I'm working at I've been developing some charting components for Android. I would love to get some feedback from the community on an initial CTP (Community Technology Preview - ie. pre-beta) version we've made available.

Currently the CTP can be downloaded from our website - as it's early days, and it's a library and not an app, it isn't on the Play Store. The forum rules and guidelines state Uploading APK's and linking to other sites (including the use of URL shortners) is strictly forbidden. Does that include the Beta Requests forum? The only way people can get to our CTP is via a link to our website - does that mean I can't post here?

Note, the CTP is free to download but if we decide to release a full product (based on such feedback!) I'm sure it will be charged for.

Thought it would be polite to ask first, especially as I'm new to the forums (though I've been visiting the site for quite a while!).

Cheers.

Default Re: Links on Beta Requests Forum

patrick,

You can post a link to your app in beta, so long as it is free for download:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/faq...es#faq_acrules
    pkcable likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Links on Beta Requests Forum

That's great, thanks very much for the clarification James!

Cheers,

Pat