Is there a reason why Sony devices don't have their own category?

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been interested in the upcoming Xperia Z and trying to read more on it. For some mind boggling reason, I have to open up two subforums just to get there. I'm not complaining, as I personally don't mind, but it just seems unfair to Sony that they aren't given equal exposure when they are just as big an Android player as the others.

Is it a technical issue, or just an arbitrary decision, I wonder?

Thanks

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
We're planning on completing a forums revamp tonight/tomorrow morning... Both Sony (xperia) and Sony Ericsson devices have been shown some love in the revamp... stay tuned!

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
We're planning on completing a forums revamp tonight/tomorrow morning... Both Sony (xperia) and Sony Ericsson devices have been shown some love in the revamp... stay tuned!

That's awesome James, I'm glad to hear that! Looking forward to a revamp.

(Long term Sony fan here! :D)

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Glad you like! After trying the Xperia Z and ZL at CES... couldn't help myself, had to show Sony some love :p

Oh no kidding, were you at CES personally? Did you see the Xperia Z and ZL up close???

Dish some details, please! :)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh no kidding, were you at CES personally? Did you see the Xperia Z and ZL up close???

The Z was an amazing piece of hardware. Felt really well built and ran well for the few minutes I played with it. It was far and away the higher-end device compared to the ZL. I can't wait to see the pictures that the camera takes in real life.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Yep for sure... spent some solid 1-on-1 time with both devices, and got a good walkthrough from some Sony staff. The Z was my preference over the ZL... just a really well built, solid device. Camera was amazing. One of my favorites from the show for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34