Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By Kevin OQuinn
  • 1 Post By James Falconer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Arctic HD

Default Really?

You guys are seriously shoving ads down my throat in Tapatalk now? :banghead:

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Default Re: Really?

Very disappointed by this. You may have noticed my signature has changed as a result....

I'd love it if any one else whose irritated by this double dipping would change their signature in a similar fashion, then head over to the Play Store and leave a review about it. Don't forget to rate the helpfulness of other reviews mentioning the problem...

Tapatalk steals from their customers by forcing them to view ads in a paid app!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Carrier
    Arctic HD

It's not Tapatalk though, it's the forum. It even says so when you click on the ad, it says it can only be turned off my forum owners or something

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Its the forum owners trying to gain revenue not tt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I don't care if it IS the forum administration turning on the feature, Tapatalk has no right to subject paying customers to this sort of double dipping. They donít have the right to even offer the option in their paid apps!

If they want to turn into an advertising company, they can release a free app, but as a paying customer I am absolutely offended at the idea that I should pay twice to use the application.

I bought the app; I should not have to pay again with advertising to use it.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin View Post
    I don't care if it IS the forum administration turning on the feature, Tapatalk has no right to subject paying customers to this sort of double dipping. They donít have the right to even offer the option in their paid apps!

If they want to turn into an advertising company, they can release a free app, but as a paying customer I am absolutely offended at the idea that I should pay twice to use the application.

I bought the app; I should not have to pay again with advertising to use it.

Taptalk has no control over this genius you paid for taptalk to have all of your forums in a single location.

Unfortunately for you the individual forums admins choose to have these ads show to gain revenue for their individual site. The only way I could see your argument making sense is if the adds showed up on the android central paid app. At that point both parties were paid as the individualized app costs a large sum of money for the site to pay TT to make and the site makes back that money on the revenue from the app being purchased.

This is all simple economics and nothing to get your panties in a twist about Lol.

FWIW, I have notified administration of this thread so they can review your concerns.

I use Tapatalk (paid) app myself on occasion but using the Android Central App (vanilla Tapatalk customized to AC's likings) you are not subjected to any advertisements.
    Android Central Forums App

Please be patient, normally admin is very quick to respond on anything site related posted in here.

Thanks.
    nrm5110 likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    FWIW, I have notified administration of this thread so they can review your concerns.

I use Tapatalk (paid) app myself on occasion but using the Android Central App (vanilla Tapatalk customized to AC's likings) you are not subjected to any advertisements.
    Android Central Forums App

Please be patient, normally admin is very quick to respond on anything site related posted in here.

Thanks.
    Paul see my post and tell me if it seems like the logical answer personally the ads are clearly marked and easy to ignore so I hardly feel its an issue.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,688 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Screenshots of these ads would be awesome. Either I don't pay attention to them or I don't get them at all. More information is always better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Paul627g likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Screenshots of these ads would be awesome. Either I don't pay attention to them or I don't get them at all. More information is always better.

I wish I could but they appear to be eluding me now hahaha. Either way I couldn't care less when I bought taptalk I understood I was paying for easy access to the site not to keep adds off the site Lol.

Here you go. Seems like the ad disappears after you enter a thread and come back out on this forum. I had to exit the app and relaunch it to get the screen shot.

Attached Images Attached Images
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,688 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Here you go. Seems like the ad disappears after you enter a thread and come back out on this forum. I had to exit the app and relaunch it to get the screen shot.

Thanks. Just noticed it myself. Not too obtrusive honestly.

Global Posts
    8,117 Global Posts

The need to enter a thread might be a clue. I know over at CrackBerry non-logged in members should get subjected to more ads, so maybe Tapatalk is having a problem detecting login status at the front page and only picks up the flag when a thread is entered

I'm guessing in your screenshot the offending ad is the "Intuit" item. I love the way they describe their product as "Piece of s..." - how appropriate

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

OK so I shot a message out to the TT devs I am awaiting response for now the app is 1 starred if I do not get a response I am going to go through Google to fight for a refund.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

OK on xda its been solved it was on the site admin to opt in or out it's been on their blog as of December the admins will need to turn it off if they so choose. Xda said they just turned it off and all should be normal with them sometime today.

Meh, I solved it by installing my backed up earlier version of the app and making the ads go away....

Folks,

We're reaching out to Tapatalk for some answers. Please stay tuned.

This should be resolved.

Please restart the app... and let me know if you see any more ads.
    TBolt likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Carrier
    Arctic HD

Awesome