Ads on Tapatalk

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Just curious what Mobile Nation's policy will be regarding Tapatalk's new ad delivery feature. What say you, AC?

Personally, if I can't opt out of seeing ads as a paid user of the app, I will just dump Tapatalk & stick to ad-free browsing on my PC. I probably could make better use of my time away from the desk anyway. LOL.

http://support.tapatalk.com/index.php?posts/86573

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes it appears they are doing something concerning the ads.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon if it hasn't already.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Just curious what Mobile Nation's policy will be regarding Tapatalk's new ad delivery feature. What say you, AC?

Personally, if I can't opt out of seeing ads as a paid user of the app, I will just dump Tapatalk & stick to ad-free browsing on my PC. I probably could make better use of my time away from the desk anyway. LOL.

Forum Monetization on Tapatalk - Promoted Topic: Update | Tapatalk Support

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I thought we'd taken care of that already. Are you still seeing ads? Will check on that Sunday.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I saw my first ad today in the Nexus 7 Forum, using Tapatalk HD. "Reached out" to Tapatalk but I suspect they'll take their previous stand and blame the forum owner.

Help?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Would you be able to screen cap an ad the next time you spot it? I know we went in and fixed this problem before... if we're armed with some 'ammo' we'll have more guns on our side if we need to approach TT. Thanks!

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is from yesterday. Checked today, still there. Also I see the same ad in other AC forums. Thanks!
Screenshot_2013-04-04-16-19-45.png

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Update - ads "went away" for several days - disappearance seemed to coincide with recent Tapatalk HD update, now they're showing up again. Noticed their return either Friday or Saturday, and they're still appearing today. Sad clown face.

I didn't get a reply from Tapatalk. Any idea if this is something in the app, or is it some kind of recurring forum owner opt-out, or...?

Again, I appreciate any help making these go away. Thanks!

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
We will go in and check the settings again. Strange things happen sometimes following an update, I'll make sure we give things the once over.

Thanks again for the heads up.