Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Android Central pop-up AD

WHY? I love AC i come to this site many many times everyday. For sometime now eveytime i load a page on AC i get a pop-up AD. This type of AD would in my opinion be more suited for a crappy site not for a site of the caliber of AC.

I will come less and less to this site until i will come no more.

I still hope that you will come to your senses!
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,880 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CraftedCrows View Post
    WHY? I love AC i come to this site many many times everyday. For sometime now eveytime i load a page on AC i get a pop-up AD. This type of AD would in my opinion be more suited for a crappy site not for a site of the caliber of AC.

I will come less and less to this site until i will come no more.

I still hope that you will come to your senses!
    That shouldn't be happening. Can you post a screen shot of the ad? And what country are you in?

Posted via the all-new Android Central App
    Paul627g likes this.
    Mobile Nations Chief Media Officer

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts

Default Re: Android Central pop-up AD

@craftedcrows - Do you have cookies disabled on your browser by chance? The way that type of ad unit should work is to only appear once per day per a given user session (cookied). So if you visit on your laptop at home, you'd get the ad unit once. If you visited on your desktop computer, that's a different user session (you'd be appearing as a new user), so you'd maybe see it again. If you're seeing the unit all the time, that's typically a sign that you are not allowing cookies, so every time you visit the site is thinking you are a brand new user.

Let us know if that's it. We're checking with our ad partner to make sure everything is good on their end, but based on what you described, the above is the most logical explanation. Thanks for the patience!
    Paul627g likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: Android Central pop-up AD

Thanks for the quick replies. Here is the setting for cookies on my chrome. "Allow local data to be set (recommended)" so the cookies are turned on. And it appears every single time i visit a page on AC. I am mainly using my desktop. I have no problem if that pop-up would be once a day but every single time...
    Here is a picture: http://i.imgur.com/ClmgBeK.jpg at the moment i live in Germany.