An open letter to the moderators of this forum

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
All,
As a former advisor for this site, I can tell you that the mods and everyone else involved in this site are putting in countless hours in improving this site.
It is one of the best on the net. I have seen this site grow from a few forums to an explosion when the Dinc rolled out as well as other devices. There are so many out there that it is tough.
I agree, that language by anyone should not contain vulgar language (after all, kids do visit these sites) but reps of AC should be held to a higher standard and most if not all comply.
I have even rubbed people the wrong way whether it's the timing of something or just misinterpretation.
I gave up my advisor status when Corey was around because the hours required or expected were just too much for me to contribute at the time.
While Jerry and the gang get paid by Mobile Nations I can assure you the mods, advisors, etc. are not and do it on their free time to help others because they want to.
I have been apart of a lot of site for various thinks where mods are the worst. Here, I think the mods are some of the best around. Especially when people start slinging accusations at each other. I have seen them warn both parties that a thread would not be kept open if things don't simmer down, etc.
A lot gets discussed behind the scenes and they do the best they can. I don't aways agree with them or this site but IMHO it's still one of the best sites out there for anything and in my few years as a member I can tell you it is the friendliest site of all the Mobile Nation sites.

Keep up the good work to the editors, mods, current advisors, etc. It is appreciated.
This probably should b moved into another forum, not just the S4.....

I agree. I was on this website around the time the DINC got introduced, or maybe before... just lurking.
Ever since then, it's gotten better and better.

However, seeing as HTC doesn't completely dominate the Android sphere anymore... there seems to be a bit of drama.

I've been on the S4 forums since they were made. Just lurking to see if I should make the buy.
To make a long story short, there was a lot of trash-talking by other phone users in the S4 forum and in the defense of a phone they enjoy, S4 forum regulars tended to argue back and usually mods got involved.

I thought things would calm down since there's not as many One vs. S4 threads, but I guess I'm wrong.

sejgiul

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
These are the possible solutions to the problems described:

• Automatic moderation (hide posts based on downvotes)
  • Let the community select the moderators (weekly/monthly rotary?)
  • Listen to your mummy - go and play outside

stanwest31

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you seen the crap that moderates crackberry? Totally useless unless you are a bb fanboy. Amd god forbid if you state the truth about blackberry... Then its a ban.
So these guys must be better.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I didn't suffer 15 years of training to be told what I should and should not do with my free time now that I finally have it. You obviously have some medical issue that you weren't happy with or a family member or something otherwise you wouldn't be so hostile towards a physician you've never met. I wish them or you the best of luck.

Posted via Android Central App

If that is what you deciphered from my posts, there is not much point in either of us commenting further. I'm telling you what to do with your free time? This only makes my point and maybe it is you personally. Whenever I have brought this subject up with other physicians, they have not only agreed but have pontificated on the subject much more eloquently than I ever could since they see it day in and day out.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
These are the possible solutions to the problems described:

• Automatic moderation (hide posts based on downvotes)
  • Let the community select the moderators (weekly/monthly rotary?)
  • Listen to your mummy - go and play outside

all 3 suggestions are great!

178 LIKES on this post...wowza! It should be made into a sticky on "How to have an calm, rational & provocative debate" : )

BTC

Spartacus MD

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
If that is what you deciphered from my posts, there is not much point in either of us commenting further. I'm telling you what to do with your free time? This only makes my point and maybe it is you personally. Whenever I have brought this subject up with other physicians, they have not only agreed but have pontificated on the subject much more eloquently than I ever could since they see it day in and day out.

Medicine is in a state of decay, sure. But it had nothing to do with this thread our with physicians posting on this forum, especially on a holiday.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Howdy all,

A couple of quick notes I'd like to add:

1. Thanks again to all that have provided continued feedback here. Believe it or not, we do appreciate it.
  2. I'm going to move this thread to the site feedback forum, as it is the most appropriate place for this type of thread! Lots of good stuff here, and it concerns the site as a whole.
Hope all in the U.S. have recovered from the July 4th festivities... enjoy your weekend!

Spartacus MD

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Howdy all,

A couple of quick notes I'd like to add:

1. Thanks again to all that have provided continued feedback here. Believe it or not, we do appreciate it.
  2. I'm going to move this thread to the site feedback forum, as it is the most appropriate place for this type of thread! Lots of good stuff here, and it concerns the site as a whole.
Hope all in the U.S. have recovered from the July 4th festivities... enjoy your weekend!

Thank you for all you do and for letting this thread continue on.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Automatic moderation (hide posts based on downvotes)
There might not even be a hack for this here. Even if there were it wouldn't guarantee anything (except extra work for the admin to install it).

Let the community select the moderators
This has been tried many times on many forums and it never works, in-fact it usually causes more problems than it solves. I know you don't want to hear this but this forum doesn't belong to the members, it belongs to the admin (or the company s/he may work for). Only they get to decide who has this privilege. However I do feel that moderators on a tech site should be more tech savvy when there is just a few of them. Not saying the ones here are or aren't, just that tech sites seem to flow better when this happens.

Listen to your mummy - go and play outside
Wha...?? I was just getting good at angry birds...

Believe me, Jennillamafer is hot. :thumbup:
I don't know if she is or isn't, I just heard that she likes milk chocolate with camels..... or maybe that was caramel. I don't know, the font was so small....

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
All these titles theses days.......but what the heck is a Community Manager? Where does that title fit into the rank structure? Just wondering.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
All these titles theses days.......but what the heck is a Community Manager? Where does that title fit into the rank structure? Just wondering.

James Falcnor, or "the community manager" is the head honcho of management. All moderators, including our moderator team leader, ultimately report to him.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

He's the man in charge of all of the forums. So we have Moderators, the Mod Team Leader (myself), and then him. He would be who I report to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae