How do I display posts from only subscribed forums?

balboadave

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd like a way to display new posts just from my subscribed forums when I press the New Posts. What's the purpose of subscribing to a forum if you can't do anything with it, even if it's as basic as creating a filter? Please tell me I'm just overlooking a simple solution.

balboadave

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for replying, but my question was about subscribed forums, NOT my subscribed threads. How do I display all the new posts from those subscribed forums? With over a hundreds forums, there needs to be a way of filtering them to the dozen or so that apply to my devices.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
While you can subscribe to a forum and set a notification (that's what I do), I don't think there's a query to list new posts/threads within subscribed forums. If that's something you'd find useful I can poke around and set it up. Never had that request before!

balboadave

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely would find that useful. Thank you. In a related query, there is a Settings option that lists subscribed threads. It seems to me that a similar option for subscribed forums should exist too.

There's another approach I use on another message board. On their setup screen, the user is presented with a list of all the forums, and they select which they want to display. I guess it's similar to a subscription. Any new forum the mods add gets displayed automatically, and the user can then choose to deselect if they wish. This way the default new post requests only gets those from the selected forums.