New AC Forums app

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The update from today looks great, thanks for all the hard work guys.

One question - all I care about is seeing my subscribed forums.
How can I get to that screen? The old app was set up to open there automatically, now I can't find the right link.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got the update myself. I am running into Force closes when I go into App Settings on my Moto X. Clearing the app cache did nothing to help.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Also, is there a way to bring back the users start date when clicking on the avatar? I use that feature a lot, especially when I think someone is new and want to welcome them, even if they didn't post an intro.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The update from today looks great, thanks for all the hard work guys.

One question - all I care about is seeing my subscribed forums.
How can I get to that screen? The old app was set up to open there automatically, now I can't find the right link.

Nevemind, just realized that the Subscribed tab opens forums and not threads. :p

That said, is there a one-touch way to mark forums read?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Also, is there a way to bring back the users start date when clicking on the avatar? I use that feature a lot, especially when I think someone is new and want to welcome them, even if they didn't post an intro.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

We can look at having TT add that feature back to a users' profile page, but unfortunately that's out of our control. If you have a 'shortlist' of features missing or that you'd like to see, email them to me and I'll make sure they get them :)

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you long press on a forum, you should get three options:

1. Subscribe
  2. Mark Forum as Read
  3. Create Shortcut
Hope this helps!

Whether you go through the menu or long pressing, it's still 3 touches - Menu, Mark as Read, Confirm.

A nice big check mark at the bottom of the page would be much simpler and faster. Heck, one touch on the new app completely logs you out without asking for conformation.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Whether you go through the menu or long pressing, it's still 3 touches - Menu, Mark as Read, Confirm.

A nice big check mark at the bottom of the page would be much simpler and faster. Heck, one touch on the new app completely logs you out without asking for conformation.

I'll be sure to pass that suggestion on to the developers at Tapatalk. Much appreciated!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad that worked!!!

How do you like the new slide-out menu in the app?

I personally liked it. Something I noticed just yesterday, there is no option to report a post in the app. Found some Spam and had to link the post to a Mod, because I was mobile.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1