Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By James Falconer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default expanding/contracting ads

Please knock it off with the expanding/contracting ads at the top of the screen. I'm sick and tired of text scrolling itself off my screen after I've started reading a story. So far, I've always resisted the urge to install an ad blocker, because ads pay for a lot of the content I consume online. However, you've found the final straw for this camel. If you insist on screwing around and making my screen scroll up and down, then I'm done. There are plenty of adblockers in the Chrome store, plenty of anti-anti-adblockers if you try to embed anti-adblock code in the site, and I'll nuke you with the HOSTS file if I have to. It's annoying. Stop it.

187 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

Default Re: expanding/contracting ads

I agree. The ads expanding then contracting is extremely annoying.

Default Re: expanding/contracting ads

We completely understand the frustration. We've asked our ad partner not to sell ads like this in the future. We've also asked them to modify the creative, so that it stays expanded once opened.

The unfortunate thing is this campaign is already under contract, so we can't pull it without being in breach.
    VDub2174 likes this.