Is everyone, or anyone getting this really annoying , persistant pop up add on this forum? And I mean JUST this one, on the AC site. I cant get rid of it, its on the tablet, its on my desktop, and its every time I open this forum. Just started a few weeks ago, and its starting to drive me insane. Any one else getting this? HOW do you get rid of it. My pop up blocker is on, yet it keeps coming up. It only goes away, as I go into a new thread., but comes back when I come back to the thread list. Ughh Now when I went to add this pic it came back again, in the message typeing mode. It has 3 phases, as I show on this screen cut. When I close the first one, the second one comes up, then the third. The first phase is sitting on the lower left corner of my screen as I type. Currently I am in my office on my desktop machine, but it appears regardless of what device I access the forum with.

hppopup.jpg
    01-19-2014 07:15 AM
    I get as well on PC but not tablet or phone as i use the AC app. Unfortunately every site HP advertises on their add is always an annoying pop up
    01-19-2014 07:50 AM
    ughh ok, thanks for confirming its not just me. I guess I'll use the App more. I just rather have the UI of a web browser, but this is just getting too annoying to deal with. Wonder why my pop up blocker, set to the highest setting doesnt catch this?
    01-19-2014 08:06 AM
    I can't suggest a solution however I can state that one does exist as I have never seen the HP pop up here. I don't see a HP ad either. That goes for the PC using firefox and I also just checked with the internet explorer which I normally don't use. Also no pop up on the note 2014 or the android phone.
    My only thought is that a HP tracking cookie is on your case. I do use Ghostery on the PC with Firefox to keep the tracking cookies at bay.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ddon/ghostery/
    dianehelen likes this.
    01-19-2014 08:08 AM
    YA , cookies was my first thought, so I cleared cookies, yet this still persists.
    01-19-2014 08:23 AM
    Thanks for the Ghostery tip! I WAS getting it with FF too, but after installing this add on, it seems to be gone, or at least suppressed . Thanks a bunch., Ughh that was just bugging me...

Edit: Wow, this is wierd, and in a good way. After adding the Ghostery tool to my FF, NOW when I come to this forum in IE, or Chrome as well, the annoying HP thing seems gone..?? Huh, ok then, Im happy , for now..

Edit 2: Wow I love this forum. and I especially love Woody nh at the moment ;-). Just added Ghostery to the tablet, where FF is my default browser anyway, Vola! HP be GONE. :-D. Super Happy, annoyance free forum once again Yay!
    charles777 likes this.
    01-19-2014 08:31 AM
    At times you will need to pause the tacking cookie blocking to get a result that you want. That may be to get requested data in a pop up or to play a video. Just click the ghost, select pause blocking and reload.

I continue to be amazed at the number blocked on some sites, 9 here but as many as 15 on some. Prior to Christmas I looked at an item on Amazon - potential present for my wife. Then when she checked the local weather on the PC there was a Amazon ad for that item! Rats! So I found Ghostery and put an end to that.

Edit: The item that I had looked at was a note 10.1 2014
    01-19-2014 08:59 AM
    You won't seen no stinkin' adds with Ad Block Plus. I've been using it for years on my desktop, NO ads. They have a mobile version but I've not installed it. Don't seem to have pop up problems on the GN/2014.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    01-19-2014 09:19 AM
    At times you will need to pause the tacking cookie blocking to get a result that you want. That may be to get requested data in a pop up or to play a video. Just click the ghost, select pause blocking and reload.

I continue to be amazed at the number blocked on some sites, 9 here but as many as 15 on some. Prior to Christmas I looked at an item on Amazon - potential present for my wife. Then when she checked the local weather on the PC there was a Amazon ad for that item! Rats! So I found Ghostery and put an end to that.
    Ya, the good, the, bad, and the ugly, with this lifeline we have become addicted to, the internet .

Btw, love your sunset, love NH. Spent many Autumns leaf gazing, shopping, sunset watching in the Conway area. Now my sunsets are provided on the Gulf of Mexico, on St Pete Beach, Fl

sunset1.jpg
    01-19-2014 09:21 AM
    You won't seen no stinkin' adds with Ad Block Plus. I've been using it for years on my desktop, NO ads. They have a mobile version but I've not installed it. Don't seem to have pop up problems on the GN/2014.
    Yes I have Ad Block Plus and Lightbeam running on FF as well as Ghostery.
    01-19-2014 09:45 AM
    So what is definitive solution????........ Looked in a lot of places for lots of things, still no success.....

Think forum owners need to take a little action here and disallow it through their forums....

ADDED NOTE: Just added Gostery to FF and it seems to be GONE!... Time will tell....

Dale
    01-19-2014 10:23 AM
    Downloaded adblock for chrome. works for all sites i visit including facebook.
    01-22-2014 09:31 PM
    Thanks all for reporting this. Unfortunately the ad is in rotation at one of our partners - translation: it's out of our hands at this time.

Frustrating I know, but we do appreciate your patience!
    01-23-2014 08:52 AM