Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Johnly
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,424 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Android 6.0 (stock)

Default new homepage layout

I love the new homepage, but hate the adds in the right panel. What's with all the advertising? Please tell me how to disable the adverts. Thanks.

Default Re: new homepage layout

Hi--post your comment here, where the mods and site developers can see your feedback more readily: AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and Help - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    UJ95x and wizzrah like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,994 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

Moved thread. Advertisements help keep this great forum funded. The banner is new and feedback is always appreciated!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    8,117 Global Posts

Look for the little "x" closer in the ads and news headers on the right sidebar. It should be somewhere near the top and persistent at least until you close the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Branta View Post
    Look for the little "x" closer in the ads and news headers on the right sidebar. It should be somewhere near the top and persistent at least until you close the browser.
    I've noticed that the X is only available when you're in the forums section. It's not there on the blog section.

Small feedback : I have noticed for a while that Likes and Thanks received, and I am fairly sure Quoted too, can take a significant time to either reach the New pop down list, or the Likes/Thanked pages. I think they can often appear on those pages before they register as a number in New.
    Still the same now. It has been 20-30 minutes I think since I saw a Thank/Like in Tapatalk but its not on the site. Sometimes much longer, like hours.
    I would have assumed it's instant, but maybe there's a lag between different AC gateways(?).

No biggie - but I like to open the full website in the evenings and can continue a thread without knowing someone quoted/liked/thanked me earlier.

Has this been noticed before?
    Very probably.