11-24-2010 07:17 AM
- Just curious, but has anyone else noticed their browser locking when going to the main Android Central page? it has done this a quite frequently on my evo. I thought it might have been related to my Rom, but now that I have gone to the latest cm nightly and it is still doing it I am beginning to wonder.
For me the browser isn't completely locking, but rather gets hung trying to load the page. I can still scroll and exit the browser, but it won't load any new pages or completely stop loading Android central.
I have been using custom Roms for years, so please don't assume it is user error. It has done this across two very different roms that have been installed after a complete wipe. And I am quite certain this is the only page that does this. I am no web developer, but I was wonder if some page element is causing this fluke?11-21-2010 09:07 AM
- I have been having this happen to me as well. I don't think it is AC but rather something to do with some devices. When i had my motorola droid (rom or stock) it would never give me a problem but once i got the HTC DInc it happens once in a while. I am starting to think that it may be a hardware issue. I know it doesn't make sense to be a hardware issue but seeing as how you are using an HTC Evo and I am using a HTC DInc, it kind of adds up i guess.11-21-2010 11:27 AM
- Lets see if we can all supply a bit of info to narrow in on the possible cause to this issue.
Here are some questions that if we have the answers, we may be able to narrow down the possible causes. If you choose to answer these questions it would be much appreciated. thanks.
1) What device are you using? (make and model)
2) Are you rooted? If yes, is it a customer or stock rom (no need to specify)?
3) What browser are you using that is giving the problems, stock or 3rd party (please specify)?
4) Does it happen on any other sites that you know of? If it does happen on more than 1 site, are they regular websites or forum sites?
(Jerry, if you have any other questions that may help us narrow down the cause, edit this post as you see fit)
Here are my answers
1) HTC DInc
2) Rooted / Custom Rom
3) Using the stock browser
4) From what I am aware of, it has only happened on here (browser and the main site) and xda's forum. I haven't noticed it until recently so I am not completely sure if that is all.11-21-2010 04:19 PM
- It is happening on my rooted Evo running cyanogen's latest nightly. I am using the stock browser, and so far it only occurs on the main AC. site (not the forums). I have not noticed it on any other site.It happens when I disable flash or leave it to on demand. It does it with my wife's completely stock evo too. It is reproducible every time on both my wife's and my evo.
Perhaps importantly, I have noticed a brand new set of ads since it began, but the problem persists. That would lead me to believe it wasn't a single rouge ad causing the freeze.
It seems most of the page loads. I can scroll around, go back to home screen, even the menu button works. It just won't navigate or refresh or add new tabs. So far the only fix is to go to Windows and kill all tabs. That unlocks it, until the next time I visit the site.11-21-2010 06:08 PM
- I have this happen quite every time on my phone as well.
1) Droid X
2) Stock, not rooted
3) Stock browser
4) Not noticed on any other sites outside of this network of sites.
When I load the main page, the top navigation bar with links to the other sites (crackberry, wpcentral, tipb, etc) loads right away. The rest is blank white for well over a minute. Eventually most of the page will load, but some of the stuff on the right hand side of the page will still be slightly bogged down until it all loads up. The load time doesn't seem to change all that much between 3g and wifi. The sister sites experience similar loading lag times, but Android Central seems to be slower to load than WPCentral or Crackberry.11-21-2010 10:21 PM
It really seems as if the processor is maxed out or something. You can hit back and it will ignore the request. Hit back a bunch of times out of frustration, and every so often it will unfreeze. and go back many pages. It is like it is catching up with all the commands after a while.
For me, the whole page seems to load. You just can't use the browser. If it isn't doing it for everyone, then could it be a targeted ad. Possible?11-22-2010 08:25 AM
- Yes! seems much improved. Some of the graphics are trying to stall loading. For example,the pictures with the articles. However, at least the page loads now without the interminable wait. I so love AC.... was causing D. T. s
Actually, belay that last thought. Everything is copacetic; no worries here. Must've been a slow net connection or something, as everything is as it should be.
Thanks Mods (or whomever made the corrections) for responding so quick and not blowing off my concerns as software or user related. You're awesome!11-24-2010 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD