Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Thumbs down ac main page auto-refresh

Holy crap it needs to stop! I thought it was an issue at work, but apparently it isn't. Are you just trying to artificially inflate your pageviews? Have you even tried your site on one of the phones you promote? The autorefresh is extremely distracting and detracts from the content. I used to ebjoy visiting the site, but this just makes me hate it, especially on my epic. Why doesn't an android specific site (or the pre one even) redirect to a mobile friendly version?

Ugh. </rant>

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Supercat, are you referring to an auto-refresh on the phone or on a computer browser? I haven't noticed any auto-refreshes on either.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Both! Using firefox on pc and stock browser on my epic. On pc it happens at work and home. It is very real I assure you. :-/

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by supercat1 View Post
    Both! Using firefox on pc and stock browser on my epic. On pc it happens at work and home. It is very real I assure you. :-/
    I will make sure the powers that be see this. Sorry about that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    I will make sure the powers that be see this. Sorry about that.
    Thanks! I suspect it has to do with the twitter or facebook elements. I love android central and pre central (which isn't effected by the refresh issue) so I hope something is figured out.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

I personally have not experienced this problem but if it is a major inconvenience and bothers a bunch of people then I am sure that this will be addressed.

Supercat1-- I understand you are bothered by this issue with the site refreshing but next time if there is an issue can you express your concerns in a polite and respectful manner. "Ranting" as you put it is not going to get the problem fixed any faster. A nice, calm and polite PM or thread would probably get this issue acknowledged and addressed even faster. So please keep that in mind for the future.