Why are some of my posts being moderated?

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
It has been a little while since I've posted here but I occasionally share photos taken on my Note 4. This is usually done without any hassle but on my latest attempt, I'm getting a message that I'm spamming and my post has to be moderated.

Seems a little odd considering I have over 1100 community posts without any issues?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
It has been a little while since I've posted here but I occasionally share photos taken on my Note 4. This is usually done without any hassle but on my latest attempt, I'm getting a message that I'm spamming and my post has to be moderated.

Seems a little odd considering I have over 1100 community posts without any issues?

Sounds strange, are you posting the photos here - http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...amera-pictures-got-one-we-would-love-see.html

Where were you trying to post the photos?

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I was posting them on the Note 4 camera thread. Both times I was notified that the posts would be moderated and a little while later I received a PM notifying me that the posts had been approved.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I was posting them on the Note 4 camera thread. Both times I was notified that the posts would be moderated and a little while later I received a PM notifying me that the posts had been approved.

Strange, sorry I can't really help - you would need to get in touch with one of the mods to find out why they were removed. I don't suppose the pictures were of anything that was 18+ ?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Nick_1020 - if you'd be able to take a screenshot of a post (before you post it), and then capture the error/moderation message you receive... I'll pass this along to our tech team to investigate. We've had some odd issues come up lately, is there a full moon coming up? :p

Appreciate you taking the time to report this. Thanks!

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Just tried posting a few more pics and didn't get the moderation message this time. I did however get the spam warning.

AC.jpg

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok - this is odd for sure - want to get to the bottom of it. Which version of Firefox (above) are you trying to post from? Also, which version of Windows? Do you get the same errors if you a) try from a different browser b) try posting from the AC app or AC Forums app?

I've had a look at your account and everything seems fine - so there has to be a conflict somewhere else!

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
How many photos per post? Can you try with one photo? Are you added as images or attachments?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Just tried uploading 4 images and got the message about being moderated again. I then tried a single image and that went through without any issues. I'm adding the photos as images and uploading from my computer.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok - this is odd for sure - want to get to the bottom of it. Which version of Firefox (above) are you trying to post from? Also, which version of Windows? Do you get the same errors if you a) try from a different browser b) try posting from the AC app or AC Forums app?

I've had a look at your account and everything seems fine - so there has to be a conflict somewhere else!

I'm currently running FF v44.02 but this happened on previous versions too. I seem to be affected by the black screen issue on FF at the moment so I just tried uploading some images using IE. When trying to put multiple images on the Note 4 thread, I got the message about being moderated but one single photo worked without any problems. Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Will try the app later.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, just had a closer look at your account and everything seems fine. Let us know what happens when you try from in-app. Thanks!

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I recently got an S7 Edge so have been keen to post some photos on the S7 photos thread but the same problem is persisting.

The first post has now been authorized but the second is awaiting moderation.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I recently got an S7 Edge so have been keen to post some photos on the S7 photos thread but the same problem is persisting.

The first post has now been authorized but the second is awaiting moderation.

Hey nick. This is a common thing that happens. When you post a lot of links or a lot of pictures our spam protection can catch it for us to review. It's nothing you did wrong at all... It's just a precaution :). No worries though. We all monitor the queue as much as we can so as long as you're sure you posted it one of us will approve ASAP.

Hope this helps to explain what you are seeing :).

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey nick. This is a common thing that happens. When you post a lot of links or a lot of pictures our spam protection can catch it for us to review. It's nothing you did wrong at all... It's just a precaution :). No worries though. We all monitor the queue as much as we can so as long as you're sure you posted it one of us will approve ASAP.

Hope this helps to explain what you are seeing :).

I appreciate your explanation, but my experience from other forums is that new and/or recently registered members are automatically moderated when posting links or images, but I've been a member for about 3 years.

When I used to post on the Windows side of the forum and when I switched to Android, I never had any issues posting photos.

That said, it usually doesn't take long for the posts to be approved so it's not a huge issue, I just wondered whether my account was breaking any rules.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate your explanation, but my experience from other forums is that new and/or recently registered members are automatically moderated when posting links or images, but I've been a member for about 3 years.

When I used to post on the Windows side of the forum and when I switched to Android, I never had any issues posting photos.

That said, it usually doesn't take long for the posts to be approved so it's not a huge issue, I just wondered whether my account was breaking any rules.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation :)

Yeah I think ours (I am not 100% on this) is more ... strict? We get a lot of traffic so it is a tad harsher. There are times even my own posts got caught in the mod queue ^_^... The mod queue shows no mercy to us either.