Moderators... I'm trying to keep up in Fascinate forum... but!!!

DJKnut

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
First let me say that the service you all provide is invaluable to us less capable or Linux challenged users... but when a "sticky'ed" thread reaches an extreme length, it would be nice if you archived it with a linked reference, and rephrased the lead-in to express the current state of the issues... if we get behind, reading through 2000 replies gets so confusing that it looses it's focus and value... Again.. I love what you're doing, and I don't want to miss any new development, but I'm almost afraid to stop to breath!!! I'll never catch up... With respect and appreciation... DJ

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
IMHO I don't want the guys working on this spending that much time on clerical work. I am sure they have a regular job as well and this would take up valuable time.

Usually important notices and or updates are always updated in the first post of the thread.

You can scan the latest posts to see what people are reporting or requesting etc.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
First let me say that the service you all provide is invaluable to us less capable or Linux challenged users... but when a "sticky'ed" thread reaches an extreme length, it would be nice if you archived it with a linked reference, and rephrased the lead-in to express the current state of the issues... if we get behind, reading through 2000 replies gets so confusing that it looses it's focus and value... Again.. I love what you're doing, and I don't want to miss any new development, but I'm almost afraid to stop to breath!!! I'll never catch up... With respect and appreciation... DJ

I see where you're coming from - reading through a thread that long can be cumbersome. If you just want to see the latest replies, you can do what I sometimes do and read the newest 5 or 10 so pages. This is essentially the same thing as if I were to start a new thread of the same subject and you read its 5 to 10 pages. And having a single thread for a topic makes it easier for folks who are looking through threads in search results.

IMHO I don't want the guys working on this spending that much time on clerical work. I am sure they have a regular job as well and this would take up valuable time.

Usually important notices and or updates are always updated in the first post of the thread.

You can scan the latest posts to see what people are reporting or requesting etc.

We're here to help :) I always try and make info readily available and visible to everyone, as do the rest of our moderators.

i think its a pretty good idea. it would also be nice to merge the 45 battery threads, the 86 froyo threads. stuff like that.

Working on this now.

Reactions: Landshark

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Moderators that have the time is cool. I read the OP as the developer that wrote the code etc. I would not want them to spend time on this. There is so much more stuff they could be doing that is more usefull :)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I see where you're coming from - reading through a thread that long can be cumbersome. If you just want to see the latest replies, you can do what I sometimes do and read the newest 5 or 10 so pages. This is essentially the same thing as if I were to start a new thread of the same subject and you read its 5 to 10 pages. And having a single thread for a topic makes it easier for folks who are looking through threads in search results.

We're here to help :) I always try and make info readily available and visible to everyone, as do the rest of our moderators.

Working on this now.

Thanks ragnarokx. I try to steer every new person to read the forum rules and guidelines because it was getting way out of hand with people starting multiple threads to discuss the exact same subject. Plus reading the rules and guidelines helps new people learn how to navigate around and find things in the forums which helps them get more out of the forums. We had ten separate threads on battery issues and I didn't even bother to count how many Froyo threads. All those threads push important very informative threads like Sheepdog Elites Beginners Rooting Read Me thread, which I think every person new to rooting or flashing on the Fascinate should read, all the way back to page 8 of the threads. Thanks so much for the help.