2 ? about the Note 7 forum

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm subscribed to the Note 7 Forum.

1. There seems no way for me to delete a post I made too hastily, but I can in other forums I'm a member of.

2. When IN the Note 7 Forum if I want to do a Search I can't just search the Note 7 Forum only - the search results are from all over Android Central. Can't I search JUST within the forum I'm in?

Thanks. Peace. Alan

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Deleting should be an option via the edit post interface, but if it's not you can always report the post and request it to be deleted and the mods can nuke it.

The advanced search used to have a a local forum option, not sure where that went. I'm moving this to site feedback to get more eyes on it.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Deleting should be an option via the edit post interface, but if it's not you can always report the post and request it to be deleted and the mods can nuke it.

The advanced search used to have a a local forum option, not sure where that went. I'm moving this to site feedback to get more eyes on it.
On point #2 Thanks very much. You can imagine the varied search results when I want info specific to the Note7.

On point #1 After I've made a post/reply, indeed when I select(mouse over) the "EDIT" button the balloon says "Edit/Delete" though the button itself is labeled "Edit". So I select that button but no where else can I find a way to Delete once the Edit Screen comes up, whereas when I was on the Microsoft side there WAS a Button to Delete once the Edit Screen came up. But not here on the Android side, at least for my permissions.
Just so you know my only reason for ever deleting is I may have been a little curt or uppity and pressed POST without thinking and then immediately wish I hadn't. The time involved getting a Mod wouldn't be a fast enough process.

But THANK YOU Sir very much.

Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Good to have you here Alan! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Actually in the above thread my 2 questions did NOT get answered.

I'm subscribed to the Note 7 Forum

1. I am unable to delete my posts on the rare occasions that I need to.
(Explained above thoroughly)

2. On a "Search" I have no option to Search "within" the Note 7 Forum ONLY. So my results are from ALL OVER Android Central. No use when I want info from the Note 7 Forum.
(This problem is CONFIRMED by the Moderator in the thread above. HE CAN'T EITHER)

THANKS, if you can help.

Peace. Alan

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I just got my first reply from them. All it was was a "Welcome" and to let them know if I ever have any other questions.
Oh well...:-\

Peace. Alan

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Shamshi-Adad - to answer your questions:

1) There's a time lock on the ability to delete any posts you have made. If we didn't have this folks would be able to go back and delete old posts, messing up the flow of the discussion. If there's something in particular you need looked at, please contact me direct (james AT mobilenations dot com)

2) You still might want to try the advanced search. In the meantime I'll look at what might have happened to searching a specific forum. Also, in the navigation above, if you search 'titles only' I always find that useful :)

titles-only.png

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Shamshi-Adad - to answer your questions:

1) There's a time lock on the ability to delete any posts you have made. If we didn't have this folks would be able to go back and delete old posts, messing up the flow of the discussion. If there's something in particular you need looked at, please contact me direct (james AT mobilenations dot com)

2) You still might want to try the advanced search. In the meantime I'll look at what might have happened to searching a specific forum. Also, in the navigation above, if you search 'titles only' I always find that useful :)

View attachment 238199
PLEASE, PLEASE take no further action on this. Many moderators got together on this in another thread and they managed to FIX the problem. PLEASE don't break it again. IT WAS BROKEN. Now it's fixed.

Peace. Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23