Site Problems?

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I've been noticing some problems with this site over the past few days. Maybe it's just me but I thought I would ask.

1. Forums and threads marked read return to unread when I return to the site. Although no updates have been posted.

2. Every time I try to upload a new profile picture I get an error that the upload failed. I've tried several pics to make sure it was not a bad file on my end.

OK so problems may be over stating the issues I'm seeing more like annoyances.

Thanks,

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Corey,

Regarding #1: Same browser?

Regarding #2: Avatar width and height maximums are 80x80 with a file size maximum of 40KB. Profile picture maximums are capped at 100x100 and 65KB file size. Do your picture meet those requirements?

Cool name BTW!

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi Corey,

Regarding #1: Same browser?

Regarding #2: Avatar width and height maximums are 80x80 with a file size maximum of 40KB. Profile picture maximums are capped at 100x100 and 65KB file size. Do your picture meet those requirements?

Cool name BTW!

# 1 Yeah Safari on OS X (latest version)
# 2 File is 16K but it's 427 X 363 I will play with it to get the size down.

Yeah I hear some of the greatest people around are named Corey or Cory in your case. :D

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
# 1 Yeah Safari on OS X (latest version)
# 2 File is 16K but it's 427 X 363 I will play with it to get the size down.

Yeah I hear some of the greatest people around are named Corey or Cory in your case. :D

Totally!

I have Safari too. I'll see if I can reproduce your problem. I'm logged in so often I would probably never notice ;)

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Also noticed that when I'm logged into the forums, I am now NOT logged into any other part of the site... ex: articles or reviews. If I go to these pages, I can't add anything to the comments "until I log in". If I click "Log in" and do so (again), I'm still not logged in to any other part. Tried it several times and even went back to the forums, where I was still logged in. Just noticed this today.

?????

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
BTW, even on the Log-in page (other than the forums, where all works fine) - where it tells my name and membership length - it still has the "log-in" option, not a "Welcome, Arelunde."

mupi

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
If it's any consolation, the same is happening to me. Going to try logging out of the forum and see if it lets me log in to the main page.

It's highly annoying, because I want to enter the Samsung Bluetooth contest...:cool:

UPDATE
OK, If I log out from the forums, then log in on the main page, it still doesn't show me logged in on the main page, but if I return to the forums, I'm logged in.

So, I checked a different browser, and it appears to work as expected if I'm in Firefox (3.6, I don't have 4, mostly because it isn't my daily use browser), but gives the error in Chrome. Since I *much* prefer chrome as my normal browser, I would appreciate it getting fixed, but at least in the mean time, it appears that using Firefox as an alternative does work.

/update

Last edited:

pac0naut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I was trying to enter the Samsung bluetooth contest, but when I log in it doesn't say that I'm logged in afterwards. Very frustrating.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
In another thread on this same topic "Unable to comment on articles", the OP said he tried several different browsers and the only one that had problems was Firefox. IE and Safari worked fine.

I'm using Firefox Beta 4.0, so I guess that may be my problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech