Help us test our new forum design!

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
As we move on to 2017, there's plenty of great stuff going on in our communities. One of the more exciting things is a new forum design that we've been diligently working on for some time. We're testing it right now right here at Android Central.

How to activate the new design
Activating the new design is as easy as clicking this link. Doing so will turn on our new design.

How to provide feedback
This is absolutely crucial! If you've activated the new design, we'd be ever so grateful if you could provide honest feedback. We don't want to have feedback coming at us from each site, so if you wouldn't mind giving your feedback here on Android Central we would appreciate it.

Doing so is crucial, as it'll help us make the design look, feel and work better for all of our communities! Again, don't forget to provide your feedback HERE.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

ROSES5682

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
The design feels cleaner which I like. I would love it, if when you click on a forum in the app it takes you to the last post if you have visited the forum before. Its minor nuisance but I hate having to always hit the button to click to see the last post when I visit forums on my iPhone.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Wearables are so very popular now, and that popularity is only going to increase as the technology. I would suggest that the wearables forum be moved at or near the top. As it stands now, we have scroll almost endlessly to get to it. Very frustrating!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I like the new format. It's very clean and easy to use. I have one thing to ask in this new design, however. Wearables are so very popular now, and that popularity is only going to increase as the technology. I would suggest that the wearables forum be moved at or near the top. As it stands now, we have scroll almost endlessly to get to it. Very frustrating!

NeilPeart

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
The design is clearer and simply more legible and relaxing. However, can you also optimize it for wide-screen browsing on a computer monitor? The old site showed more text horizontally so less scrolling was required. Overall it's a solid improvement so thank you!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The design is clearer and simply more legible and relaxing. However, can you also optimize it for wide-screen browsing on a computer monitor? The old site showed more text horizontally so less scrolling was required. Overall it's a solid improvement so thank you!

Your username made my day.

jevalladares

Samsung Galaxy S6 Champion
Q&A Team
Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi AC formus team

I just activated the new app look and feel. I really like it. One area of opportunity that I have identified is that the amount of replies on a post is no longer available. This is very useful to me especially in the Ask a question forum. This way a can see if a post has been answered or if there is a rich conversation on the topic. This information was available on the previous design and it's very help full.

Cheers

Erasmo

jevalladares

Samsung Galaxy S6 Champion
Q&A Team
Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Found it. It's the amount of replies is now on the box localted at the left of the forums. Nice.

I'm getting used to the new look and feel.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Should I be pleased or surprised to see something different within the forum?.. because I don't. It all looks the same.. I was expecting a change in the entire format to something like Pluck.com or another forum format

Ah ok.. just refreshed the page.. interesting.. baby blue boarders.. great tool bar with more options.. I'll retract my statement above.. Hum I had my zoom too far out.. but so far so good. It's growing on me.. will have to explore a bit more. defiantly not the old forum (chat style format)

Ok.. something just came up.. these colors are actually starting to hurt my eyes unlike the older format.. I hope I can revert back..

Just reverted back to the old format.. conclusion.. in less than 5 mins, the new forum's format colors/theme started hurting my eyes..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs