New forum layout

N7AS

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I was able to find the old layout at the bottom. All ok now.

Why do they change the layout. There may be some members that want the original one. Let's give ua a choice first.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this new layout is brutal and it won't let me change it. I'm wondering what the benefits are to this abomination.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to stay away from this site for a few days. Hopefully, they bring back the old design as a choice again. You can choose the old design at the bottom of any page but it's broken right now and only the design shows. I hate the new design.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I hate this new forum layout. How can you tell if there is any new posts?

I've been using the new layout throughout the testing process. I must say, it's improved significantly.

How do you know if there are new posts? If you've read the thread, the color of the box with the number of posts changes, there is also a display in the column to the right with the number of views of the post that indicates there are unread posts - that is in red and also says 'unread'.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Good LORD this new forum format is horrible. And the Quick Style Chooser is broken, probably on purpose.

Leave it to Pokemon Central! It wasn't broke, so they "fixed" it.

anon(9485947)

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
New here, but I don't have a problem with the layout of the new layout... But just thought I'd let you know know that it's really really slow using chrome on my laptop.

If it wasn't for tapatalk support, Im not sure that I'd stick around....

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's pretty horrible. Just like Material Design, way too bright, way too much wasted blank space (or is all that taken up with ads if you don't have a blocker?). Figuring out what page you're on in a multipage thread is much harder than it needs to be with the low contrast fonts. (And why does the cursor change to a hand even on non-clickable items, like the current page number?) Pretty much a mess.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty horrible. Just like Material Design, way too bright, way too much wasted blank space (or is all that taken up with ads if you don't have a blocker?). Figuring out what page you're on in a multipage thread is much harder than it needs to be with the low contrast fonts. (And why does the cursor change to a hand even on non-clickable items, like the current page number?) Pretty much a mess.

On a multi-page thread if I click on the number for the current page it refreshes the page. So it IS clickable, whether or not it should be is a different question.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the world is yet aware that material design is a failure. It seems to be the direction that the web is going almost across the board.