Who doesn't love to be reminded that they have an an ad-blocker running? By a site that is in the habit of triggering ad-blocking because it aggressively sells space all over its website, top-bottom-sides? It's a wicked life but what the hell, oh everybody's got to eat. But even on AC articles and posts that are themselves selling an item, to be bought through Mobile Nations stores, the persistence of ad-blocking blocking blocks me from effectuating my purchase. Yeah, maybe we'll let you pay us and buy stuff from us, but not unless you shutdown your ad-blocker. And AC seems to be The Site That Would Not Be Whitelisted, as if AC wants the whole thing and insists that I delete my ad-blocker entirely from my system.
    05-15-2017 01:09 PM
    Who doesn't love to be reminded that they have an an ad-blocker running? By a site that is in the habit of triggering ad-blocking because it aggressively sells space all over its website, top-bottom-sides? It's a wicked life but what the hell, oh everybody's got to eat. But even on AC articles and posts that are themselves selling an item, to be bought through Mobile Nations stores, the persistence of ad-blocking blocking blocks me from effectuating my purchase. Yeah, maybe we'll let you pay us and buy stuff from us, but not unless you shutdown your ad-blocker. And AC seems to be The Site That Would Not Be Whitelisted, as if AC wants the whole thing and insists that I delete my ad-blocker entirely from my system.
    I am confused -- so you're trying to buy from the store but are told because you have an Ad Blocker you can't? Or is it that the Ad Blocker is blocking components so the site won't function properly?
    05-15-2017 01:20 PM
    I am or was the one confused, piqued, irritated. I run two versions of uBlock so I had to disable both. I really don't begrudge AndroidCentral some reasonable advertising revenue. I come here, WindowsCentral and Crackberry all the time and get a lot out of the MobileNations, so I don't mind subjecting myself to their ads. I don't suppose there's a viable way to pare down or parse out the ubiquitous ads when someone navigates to a page that is selling a specific item or number of items.

We are all being nickle-and-dimed every day in a kind of death of thousand subscriptions, and then even the sites we subscribe to start pasting over their own content with ads and clipping back your eyeballs like your Alex DeLarge* so that you can't look away from the ads. But AndroidCentral is a high-content site for me, and deserved better than this petulant footstomp on my part.

* "But I could not shut my glazzies. And even if I tried to move my glazz-balls about, I still could not get out of the line of fire of this picture."
    05-16-2017 01:24 PM