How do I UNroot the Skyrocket?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
before rooting my phone i need to be 100% sure that I can unroot it. The SuperOneClick seems to have "unroot" option but i cant get it to recognize my phone eventhough I have drivers installed. has anybody successfully UNrooted their GS II Skyrocket after any of the known root methods.
thank you.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I have, but it took me forever to figure out. This is what I did to get it back to normal: Step by Step Guide to Revert to Stock Unbrick Galaxy S II Skyrocket | Mobile Phone Blog, Review, Apps, Tips and Tricks

Thank you for your response I've seen this method with ODIN before. So it appears that the only way would be to reflash the stock ROM... otherwords there is no easy solution at this point. In this case I'd better steer clear from rooting the skyrocket until there will be more easier solution.
by the way is it the official AT&T only unmodified stock ROM? because it says there "If you happen to have a soft-bricked Rogers Galaxy S II or Galaxy S II Skyrocket "
thanks again.

thesaint05

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your response I've seen this method with ODIN before. So it appears that the only way would be to reflash the stock ROM... otherwords there is no easy solution at this point. In this case I'd better steer clear from rooting the skyrocket until there will be more easier solution.
by the way is it the official AT&T only unmodified stock ROM? because it says there "If you happen to have a soft-bricked Rogers Galaxy S II or Galaxy S II Skyrocket "
thanks again.

Yeah it is. Get the i727 rom, not the i727R (the R is for Rogers). Got confused in which one I was downloading and the first time I brought it back to stock unrooted I flashed the Rogers rom. Oops.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it is. Get the i727 rom, not the i727R (the R is for Rogers). Got confused in which one I was downloading and the first time I brought it back to stock unrooted I flashed the Rogers rom. Oops.

oh great thanks. appreciate your help!

jimlivz2003

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
My galaxy s2 skyrocket has been rooted and I want to unroot the phone. I tried the above link and it says that the site is down. Is there another site that can give me a step by step process to unroot the phone.

jldoom

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This is such a hassle it's not even funny. I used to consider myself pretty tech savy, but this stuff is way over my head. Reading through the different forums on xda developers website on how to unroot, and flash rom, and clorkworkrecovery blah blah is confusing as hell. It's definitely doing more harm than good reading through all those threads. Not to mention I'm on a Macbook so none of these programs work for me at home.

I already rooted my phone at my cousins house using his PC and have TitaniumBackUp Pro; but I can't do anything else on my own, or actually know what to do next. I'm starting to regret purchasing this Android phone and I've had it since november of last year, should of waited for the Galaxy Nexus GSM...I just want the latest updates without jumping through hoops of fire.

Reactions: Beacio_mo

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
This is such a hassle it's not even funny. I used to consider myself pretty tech savy, but this stuff is way over my head. Reading through the different forums on xda developers website on how to unroot, and flash rom, and clorkworkrecovery blah blah is confusing as hell. It's definitely doing more harm than good reading through all those threads. Not to mention I'm on a Macbook so none of these programs work for me at home.

I already rooted my phone at my cousins house using his PC and have TitaniumBackUp Pro; but I can't do anything else on my own, or actually know what to do next. I'm starting to regret purchasing this Android phone and I've had it since november of last year, should of waited for the Galaxy Nexus GSM...I just want the latest updates without jumping through hoops of fire.

I completely agree. If I can figure it out myself, I'd definitely do a new write up to clear up a lot of the confusion from combining steps from 5 different posts on rooting and installing a ROM.

Kinda hard though to try a different ROM when this is my main phone but stock ICS is giving me so many problems I might be willing to try it out Monday (really want to try CM9 Beta)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums