[HOWTO][TAR] THE ODIN THREAD :: Return to stock/Fix soft-brick

k0nane

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
k0nane presents...
Odin: Return to Stock, fix soft brick
Sponsored by k0nane.info. Have you tipped your devs today?

DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Why the big red warning? Far too many people have broken their devices by not following these instructions! Search the forums, or drop by IRC - you'll see plenty of examples.

These instructions should fix your soft-bricked or broken phone as long as you can get it into download mode. Make sure you have drivers already installed on your Windows computer before starting. Please read them all the way through and then begin.

Code:
#include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Instructions
  1. Download Odin 1.85 - see section below.
  2. Download the stock TAR for your device - see section below.
  3. Extract the contents of odin-185.zip and the 7zip archive.
  4. Run Odin3+v1.85.exe, and prepare Odin:
    • Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
    • Click PDA and select the TAR you downloaded.
  5. Put your device into Download Mode:
    • Connect the USB cable to your PC, but NOT your device.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Reinsert the battery.
    • Hold down Volume Up and Volume Down keys.
    • Insert the USB cable into your device.
  6. You should now be at Download Mode. Click Start in Odin.

That's it! Your device will autoreboot, and your phone should be working properly again.

Downloads​

Credits:

• kornklown69: stock device (I727), remote access
  • digitus: stock kernel/recovery from device (I727R), remote access
  • ^3rt: stock system from device (I727R), remote access
  • Shabbypenguin: assistance in finding the recovery partition number
  • DRockstar: general advice
  • phoneguy589: testing new TAR

Last edited:

k0nane

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOWTO][TAR] THE ODIN THREAD :: Return to stock/Fix soft-bric

P-O-S-T :: R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D

AAvvp.png

Original artwork by Pendulum via Gasolin3.

...for future use.

Follow me on Twitter @k0nane and @publik0!

knut10

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

The main screen of Odin shows “Option” followed by several items. Question? When do you check the option “ F. Reset Time” and what does it mean? I’d like to root my phone but there are two sets of instructions. In one of the them the option F Reset Time is checked and in the other is not. A short description of what these option mean will by appreciated.

jessnguyen

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

Omg you don't know how grateful i am to have found this website, i had been trying to fix my phone for over 4 hours and was at the point where i thought i had no other choice but to say goodbye to my phone when i found this website. I'm literally shaking because something finally worked! Thank you so much.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

can I use this rom to return to stock my rooted device? to get rid of the root and is this the official stock rom? can I still use my warranty after flashing it?

thesaint05

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

can I use this rom to return to stock my rooted device? to get rid of the root and is this the official stock rom? can I still use my warranty after flashing it?

Theoretically, yes to all of those questions.

Galaxy88

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

why doesnt the link to the stock tar work? I have been trying to download this for last 2 days?

is there another link that works for this file

Thanks

wtfmen

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks! The 2.3.6 over the air update bricked my mom's phone and AT&T had no idea what was wrong with it. This fixed it :D

Onipse

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Is this a good method for the optimus v that was running 2.2.1 vm670

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Is this a good method for the optimus v that was running 2.2.1 vm670
NO, this is for samsung galaxy s ii ONLY. you gonna brick your phone. check LG forums for your particular model.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Is there a reason why this file doesn't have the original baseband/modem included?

By running this file you are really not returning to stock if it doesn't include the original modem file.

For example, I installed the 4.04 leak and thought it was too laggy and the modem was terrible. So I wanted to go back to stock and just get the 2.3.6 OTA, but I can't because this firmware didn't return me back to the original baseband. Now I am stuck with 2.3.5 and the terrible baseband from 4.0.4 and can't do the 2.3.6 OTA cause it bombs out being as I don't have the original baseband.

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate greatly this file, included in this thread, it just doesn't make sense not including the modem.bin file.

I'm kinda stuck now unless I reinstall cwm and manually reinstall the modem. I was hoping I wouldn't have to re root and do it all manually.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Is there a reason why this file doesn't have the original baseband/modem included?

By running this file you are really not returning to stock if it doesn't include the original modem file.

For example, I installed the 4.04 leak and thought it was too laggy and tdem was terrible. So I wanted to go back to stock and just get the 2.3.6 OTA, but I can't because this firmware didn't return me back to the original baseband. Now I am stuck with 2.3.5 and the terrible baseband from 4.0.4 and can't do the 2.3.6 OTA cause it bombs out being as I don't have the original baseband.

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate greatly this file, included in this thread, it just doesn't make sense not including the modem.bin file.

I'm kinda stuck now unless I reinstall cwm and manually reinstall the modem. I was hoping I wouldn't have to re root and do it all manually.
are you sure about this? i'm asking because as far as i remember I was able to do the 2.3.6 OTA on my previous skyrocket after this firmware before i sent it back to ATT. but for some reason on my current phone i can't do that anymore. it downloads just fine but keeps failing at 25% at the white screen with the progress bar. it doesn't give me any reason why though.. just says "update is failed" and then the phone reboots.. so what would be the correct baseband for 2.3.5 then?

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

For example, I installed the 4.04 leak and thought it was too laggy and the modem was terrible. So I wanted to go back to stock and just get the 2.3.6 OTA, but I can't because this firmware didn't return me back to the original baseband. Now I am stuck with 2.3.5 and the terrible baseband from 4.0.4 and can't do the 2.3.6 OTA cause it bombs out being as I don't have the original baseband.

This happened once to me, too. It's supposed to restore the baseband, but for whatever reason that's not always the case. I did a darkside superwipe, removed the battery, and odin'ed again. I don't remember, but I migh've also flashed the KJ2 radio before the superwipe.

Also, the 2.3.6 OTA might not work even if you were completely stock. There have been plenty of people who were completely stock that weren't able to update (myself included).

petegre

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

stopped at this!!!

<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

zaheerjk

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

I am from Kuwait ..
I purchased Samsung galaxy Note N7000 15 Days before
I have Installed King Droid ICS mania 2.1 later yesterday i updated to King droid ICS mania 3.0 and Samsung galaxy s3 Mod updated .. after that i restarted my NOTE but its not booting
i can go to Download mode and Recovery mode ..
even i can see the Install ZIP from SD card and all in CW ..when i Update it says
Can't Mount EMMC
I tried to Mount also But failure ..
I tried Stock rom of ICS official to Update Using ODIN 1.85 .. it stops at
<ID:0/008> factoryfs.img ..

I am worried I cant go for warranty Bcoz at Boot It says Binary count (5)
Please Help me Out

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am from Kuwait ..
I purchased Samsung galaxy Note N7000 15 Days before
I have Installed King Droid ICS mania 2.1 later yesterday i updated to King droid ICS mania 3.0 and Samsung galaxy s3 Mod updated .. after that i restarted my NOTE but its not booting
i can go to Download mode and Recovery mode ..
even i can see the Install ZIP from SD card and all in CW ..when i Update it says
Can't Mount EMMC
I tried to Mount also But failure ..
I tried Stock rom of ICS official to Update Using ODIN 1.85 .. it stops at
<ID:0/008> factoryfs.img ..

I am worried I cant go for warranty Bcoz at Boot It says Binary count (5)
Please Help me Out

I think you might find more help in the Galaxy Note forum. Trying to flash anything for the Skyrocket will turn your phone into a brick.
But that said, if you can get into recovery why not just wipe everything and flash your rom again?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool