Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dalvik
  • 1 Post By Ronnie2
  • 1 Post By dalvik
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bricked Skyrocket

I was flashing a ROM as well as GAPPS which was supposedly necessary and now i can not get my phone to turn on. The screen stays black. i get nothing at all... any suggestions???

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Default Re: Bricked Skyrocket

Use Odin to flash back to the stock rom. Can you get it into download mode?
    Always rooted.

I have the same problem...can't even get the screen to show download mode. Windows says I need to reformat the drive. WTF Please somebody help

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Take the battery out, put in the usb cable, then hold both volume buttons and the power button, put in the battery while holding those buttons and that should get you into download mode.
    Always rooted.

if you cant turn on the phone at all then im afraid you gonna have to exchange it. i hard bricked my phone today while experimenting with ICS leak and wanting to go back to GB stock. the same situation as yours. after digging xda forums for a few hours looks like the only option is to exchange it if you have a warranty. you can try USB jig (look it up on amazon.com) but people report it doesnt help with complete bricks. (if the phone doesnt turn on at all) I wanted to order one. but then simply called to att and will be getting a refurb exchange.
    bottom line - dont mess with your expensive device. lesson learned.
    Fire29Rescue likes this.

if you can't get it fixed under warranty, MobileTechVideos.COM can fix it for about $40. They did my old infuse, and very quickly I might add. They are awesome!

yeah i saw their video and equipment they use. luckily, i got my exchange yesterday. so I'm OK now its just i am wondering if you could go back from ICS leak to GB stock.... I managed to get my phone back to GB however the phone application was crashing every time i would tap on it so basically the device was unusable and when I tried to reflash it again through Odin i chose "phone" option instead of "PDA" and that's hard bricked my phone...

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Yup that'll do it. I posted some links over in the ICS leak thread but if you used Odin I'm fairly certain you already know about all that stuff hehe.

If it lags like that, do a factory reset. Some people on Xda have had to factory reset multiple times to get the phone to act normally again.
    Always rooted.
    Thanked by:
    dalvik 

Thank you Ronnie I appreciate your help. this is the first time ever i hard briked my device lol used to mess with blackberry os leakes back in the days and it was fun anyway, I find this ICS leak is at beta stage as some things dont work there as they should be. So now I have another issue. stupid ATT sent me an exchange with 2.3.6 and I hate it.. the wallpaper is non scrollable there and there is no way to fix that and the stock browser doesnt have vertical or horizontal fixed scrolling, so its a somewhat messed up update. I was wondering if I can use Odin to flash to 2.3.5 I'm still debating though if I really should bother doing that but just wait for official ICS update... this 2.3.6 doesnt have Carrier IQ on it btw. lol

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Yup you can use Odin at any time to get back to the unrooted stock rom. Its totally up to you, if done correctly you should be able to get back to stock without a problem.
    Always rooted.
    Thanked by:
    dalvik 
    dalvik likes this.

Thanks again Ronnie I just successfuly reflashed back to 2.3.5 everyting works perfectly! Now got back my scrolling desktop wp.!
    Ronnie2 likes this.