Custom Rom for Bluetooth?

leodavinci

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
So, this is my first android phone and I have a Plantronics VoyagerPro bluetooth headset that I have had forever that I absolutely love and will not get rid of. However, it doesnt seem to work properly with this phone. I can answer and talk on calls with it and hang up, I can change the volume up and down. The one thing I cant get to work, no matter what I do is get the voice dial function to work with my headset. I hold the button to initiate a voice dial command, the headset beeps at me and the phone just sits there. So, I've done some google searching and the results are not real clear as google searches on new techs tend to be. But my impression is that either Samsung didnt include the voice dial via bluetooth capability, which is also what their tech support rep said to me, or it just doesnt like my headset. I also tried my wifes headset just for grins, its a plantronics too, but not the VoyagerPro. No dice there either.

So, I figure its an android, I can do anything I want, but here is where I get stuck. I rooted the phone and installed Clockwork as a first step, but I'm looking at some custom roms and they dont say much about bluetooth functionality. However, I dont know if a custom rom will fix it, or a custom kernel, or if I just have to live with it the way things are. I would really really like to get this fixed as I drive a LOT for work and hands free is a must. I wasnt wild about Vlingo or Cyberon, but even those didnt use the headset for the voice input, they used the phone mic and then transferred audio to the headset once connected.

So, anybody have any ideas or suggestions on where to go from here?

leodavinci

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
So, i have a semi-solution working. What I have done is download an app called Hands Free Voice Dialer (free) and it mostly works, sometimes doesnt. I would still like to find a rom, a kernel, or something that would add this functionality natively to Android. For now I am sticking with Sky ICS 6.75 and will keep looking for a solution. If I find something I will post back here.

pszamosi

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I am with you... it is ridiculous that my bb torch worked so flawlessly with Bluetooth and android lags behind... the only thing that works for me is vlingo or speak to it.

I haven't dared rooting yet but if that solves the issue, I will. I hope you find a solution.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae