Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Warranty just Expired so I decided to root my Skyrocket and Upgrade to Jelly Bean...and had problems

So, I'm new to rooting, and installed clockwork mod just fine and then tried to use this article to update to Jelly Bean. Now I'm stuck on a boot loop. Any advice?

Go to www.sammobile.com . Make a account. Its free. Search i727.Download the att ics .tar file. Remove phone battery and reinsert. Boot into download mode. Open Odin. Go to PDA and find your .tar file u downloaded. DO NOT HIT REPARTITION. Flash. Now ur back to stock.

Under no circumstances am I responsible if something goes wrong with your phone but this is how I did it. Read the forum link I gave u before trying it out. It goes into more detail.

Go here to learn how to root and work Odin. This is how I did mine.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1652398

Sent from my S2 Skyrocket
    Last edited by feelinfroggy23; 10-01-2012 at 05:02 AM.

Default Re: Warranty just Expired so I decided to root my Skyrocket and Upgrade to Jelly Bean...and had prob

what version of clockwork mod did you install for jb you have to be verson 6+ otherwise you just get boot loops. if your using verson 6+ already i would try TWRP instead works just as good. i use [RECOVERY][CWM] ClockworkMod v6.0.1.5 Touch v14.2.1 (11/17/12) - xda-developers myself and have no problem

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Twrp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2