- 2 Posts
Question on Updateing Firmware/Rooting and Unrooting
I was wondering about updating my firmware from 4.0.4 ICS - 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. I have rooted my 4.0.4 ICS. In order for me to update my firmware to 4.1.2 JB do I need to unroot my phone, then update with official firmware to 4.1.2 JB and then root my phone after? Or can I just get the custom Firmware and update it that way? If you know the answer can you give me the details on what I need to do? Thanks.
- 09-19-2013, 12:22 AM #2
- 7,969 Posts
- Stock Moto X
Re: Question on Updateing Firmware/Rooting and Unrooting
You have a couple options. You can go into your superuser app and there may be a temporary unroot option. This is designed to accept OTA updates. But, new updates have been knoen to break root.
You can fully unroot in the same app, accept the OTA, and then reroot.
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- By selimlok in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 7Last Post: 11-13-2013, 11:32 AM
- By still1 in forum Moto XReplies: 5Last Post: 09-24-2013, 07:39 PM
- By Wahinya Njau in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 09-20-2013, 08:46 AM
- By Wahinya Njau in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 17Last Post: 09-20-2013, 12:44 AM
- By TBoltJ in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2013, 06:50 PM