Snapchat camera doesn't work... any solutions?

chadbaldwin

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I know this thread is a month old now, but I came across it, and found some people were thinking this was a Samsung only issue, I have an LG G3 and constantly have this issue as well.

Monty Reynolds

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Guys! I found the solution to the black screen problem! Go to setting then display and then to aspect ration correction and turn it off! That fixed my problem on my lg g2 at aleast.

Frxshh

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Its not the black screen. Its when i try to record a video the screen freezes. And everytime i have to reboot my phone and its just so annoying..

tammy0

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Snapchat camera doesn't work as well as the video doesn't... any solutions?

So, i have a samsung mega phone
I dowloaded snapchat not while ago, and at first everything was fine with it. But maybe one week ago i started seeing something is wrong with it. Camera frozes all the time, video, when i try to film something its like always getting up with 'video tape failed' . As well I watched a few videos on youtube for chance to fix it but then i realised that my settings are not even the same as ones they got on there. So, can anyone people help me with this..
:(

bushido399

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Still hoping for a solution if anyone's got one. I have a Motorola Razr xt912, and while the rear camera works great on Snapchat, the front one does not. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and restarted a number of times now. Cache reset didn't work, either.

Sara Saad

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!
Uninstall any apps that use camera e.g. instagram, snapchat etc. Then take out battery with phone still on and wait 10 seconds then put the battery back and switch phone back on. It worked for me. I have samsung note 3. Hope this helps :)

lilebby4

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey there,
I have an s3 and I've had snapchat for about 2 months now... non rooted device.
A couple days ago snapchat started having problems along the lines of the camera screen not working. It is just black, and the capture button is unresponsive. The other two buttons work (the settings and the history). The video also doesn't work... there is just nothing happening. My stock camera works fine so my camera isn't broken.... but the app is having a hard time starting up and it freezes and terminates.I am still getting snaps and can see them, although sometimes I will be able to see them once, terminate the program and restart it hours later, and see them again.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling--no luck. I've tried deleting RAM an force stopping it, nothing works.
I will be contacting Snapchat about this as well possibly.

Any solutions??
Thanks in advance!

How do I start it back up again

xx_kiwi_kitty_xx

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
PLEASE MAKE THEM FIX THIS PROBLEM BEC I LOVE TO TAKE PHOTOS WITH FILTERS. but i cannot do so.the front camera doesnt work (the camers that shows the screen) but the back camera works WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!??!!

sfarrand

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Same experience on my LG G Pad™ X 8.0. Thought it might be to the large form factor. But that theory no longer valid given other posts.

Julaina Stinnett

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
I tried reinstalling Snapchat like Emil Halvardson did and for me it didn't work. No matter what I do, Snapchat seems broken.

What's worse, pressing the camera button in Snapchat not only caused Snapchat to crash, it also locked up the camera so that I couldn't use the camera from any other app including the default Android Camera app. To recover the camera to a workable state, I had to reset the phone.

This was on a Samsung Captivate (I-897) running (Cyanogenmod) Android 4.2.2, and I got the same behavior after installing Android 4.3.

edit: I encourage everybody who has trouble to go to the Snapchat support page and log their errors. If they get enough error reports, they might investigate and fix it.

I had the same problem it happens all the time and the only solution that i have found is to restart my phone every time I know this can not be good for my phone but it is the only thing that seems to work