1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One / snapchat screenshot

Hi guys.
    I'm french so sorry for my english but does someone can screenshot when looking a picture on snapchat ?
    I hold the picture but when i do this the screenshot won't work :s

Default Re: HTC One / snapchat screenshot

Are you sure you're using the correct combination to take a screenshot? Holding Power button + Volume down for a couple of seconds? It should be able to take screenshots regardless of the application you're running.
    HTC One 32GB Silver - TrickDroid 7.5.0 - S-OFF and Super CID

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Revolution HD 10.2

BlackBerry 9900

Hey, I was dealing with the same question before. You can't use the power button and home button because it doesn't work for snapchat. However, the power button and the volume down button does work. Just press them together at the same time and it will be fine.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks !
    The volume button help me a lot kim

Wow! I had no idea you can take a screen shot via power button + home button, lol, I always use the power + volume down combination.

BlackBerry 9900

Unhappy Re: HTC One / snapchat screenshot

Hey The power + home button or the power + volume down button. Neither of them work on my phone, its a HTC One xl.? Does anyone know what else there is or anyway i can fix this??

Quote Originally Posted by FLiCkADii View Post
    Hey The power + home button or the power + volume down button. Neither of them work on my phone, its a HTC One xl.? Does anyone know what else there is or anyway i can fix this??
    I had a HTC One X and the power + volume down worked. Are you running a stock or a custom ROM? Maybe if it's a custom ROM the developer changed the mapping or something? Maybe an AOSP ROM, perhaps?

BlackBerry 9900

I have the save issue and can't take a screen shot. The only way I have managed it on my HTC 1 is press your finger down to view the snap, as you hold press the power button to lock the phone. Then unlock your phone and you should be at the Snapchat photo taking screen. From there press the Snapchat inbox button and it should come up with the snap on screen. That's when you take the screen shot with the power + home combination. This method doesn't send a screen shot notification as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wiapoj View Post
    I have the save issue and can't take a screen shot. The only way I have managed it on my HTC 1 is press your finger down to view the snap, as you hold press the power button to lock the phone. Then unlock your phone and you should be at the Snapchat photo taking screen. From there press the Snapchat inbox button and it should come up with the snap on screen. That's when you take the screen shot with the power + home combination. This method doesn't send a screen shot notification as well.
    That's what I do. People get mad when I screenshot their 1 second snaps lol

Posted via Android Central App

None of these tips seem to be working for me?

Could there possibly be a software issue on my end??

Quote Originally Posted by BitchImFatJesus View Post
    That's what I do. People get mad when I screenshot their 1 second snaps lol

Posted via Android Central App
    No way, you screenshot 1 second snaps? That is ninja level.

I'm in the same boat, none of the suggestions works for me, my phone won't even screen-grab using power and volume...

the 'power button and then going back to the snapchat app' only gives me the message offering double-tap to reply, as if i'd looked at the image for the full amount of time (even if i pressed the power button straight away)

annoying!

It looks like the recent software update from Snapchat has removed all the work arounds you guys have been suggesting
    Last edited by BOBAPPLE; 09-16-2013 at 07:05 AM.

This isn't working at all.