Drawbacks of Intel Atom?

Fishfam4

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
So, I was reading a tech news site the other day (I believe it was The Verge), which mentioned the upcoming Dell Venue 8 7000. I was curious, so I Googled and found out that this thing is an absolute beast. 8.4" 2560x1600 screen? Yes please. 3D cameras and near stock Android with pretty much nothing but Intel/Dell's version of Photoshop preloaded? That's not my definition of bloatware, being an avid photographer and aspiring tech journalist. Slimmer than the iPad Air 2 with a similar build quality? YES! I was originally going to ditch my iPhone 4 for a Note 4 and my iPad for a custom built PC, but Dell's probably convinced me to throw a Venue 8 7000 in that mix too. (If they can fix their naming schemes. :p)

My only problem with it is that it runs an Intel Atom Z3500, which I understand is a zippy quad core, but that's not my concern. How well do Android apps support Atoms? Are there major ones that don't? Are there any ones that don't? Does Nova Launcher support it? I know Cyanogenmod doesn't, so I'm taking a guess that other ROMs won't either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon