How to turn off all but the most vital stuff?

MuGGzyx

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I want to know if there is a way to turn off all but the most basic functions in Android.

Basically, I want to turn it into a simple mini tablet and be able to turn on GPS if I need it so that the battery lasts as long as possible.

I was out of reception all weekend and tried to turn the phone off as much as possible but just booting it up seemed to use more electricity than just leaving it on. I went in and manually killed everything I could but many kept restarting.

I can go into Titanium and "freeze" everything but that will take a ton of work and a ton of time to undo.

I don't need any data, phone, contact,wireless, etc. Basically I might use it as a camera, and maybe tuirn on the GPS if I need it in the woods but otherwise everything else is useless out ion the boonies but having GPS and camera would be useful.

Rooted Droid X if that makes a difference.

CarrierUnlock

Wireless Unlocking
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I want to know if there is a way to turn off all but the most basic functions in Android.

Basically, I want to turn it into a simple mini tablet and be able to turn on GPS if I need it so that the battery lasts as long as possible.

I was out of reception all weekend and tried to turn the phone off as much as possible but just booting it up seemed to use more electricity than just leaving it on. I went in and manually killed everything I could but many kept restarting.

I can go into Titanium and "freeze" everything but that will take a ton of work and a ton of time to undo.

I don't need any data, phone, contact,wireless, etc. Basically I might use it as a camera, and maybe tuirn on the GPS if I need it in the woods but otherwise everything else is useless out ion the boonies but having GPS and camera would be useful.

Rooted Droid X if that makes a difference.
My bad

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome