G2 not broadcasting my voice

matttehman#AC

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I have a problem with nobody being able to hear me when I call them. I can hear them, but they cannot hear me. I can hear myself talking through the G2 handset. My phone was flashed with Cyanogenmod several times and was working fine until recently, I also upgrade my radio awhile back. I have reverted the phone back to the stock rom that I had backed up as well as trying different builds of Cyanogen and other roms. Nothing has restored my call voice.

I cleaned out the mic hole, and started to take the phone apart to check the mic connection(I have no phone insurance and am on a month-2-month contract), but this seems pointless as the mic obviously works as I can hear myself on the handset.

Does anybody know what could possibly be going on here? I am at a loss as to what could have occurred.

I hope I have been detailed enough to properly describe what is happening here. I have been viewing this website and lurking the forums ever since I preordered the G1, so I know that there is alot of genius in these forums. Thanks , Matt

matttehman#AC

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, the phone is now working. *Facepalm

Aside from taking the device apart to blow out dust and unclipping the chasis, I didn't really do anything.

I will keep this thread updated if i have any further issues, and if I can findout what is going on.
In the meantime it looks like this G2 might just hold me over for Nexus Prime. =) Provided they make a headset with a physical qwerty keyboard that is.... Also, sprint is the only carrier in my area with 4G, so I'm looking to head that way.