S-on/off question

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

So I've got a rooted Galaxy Nexus but I've never attempted to root HTC phones before. My friend wants me to help root her HTC Aria with unrEVOked, but from what I've read it doesn't give s-off.

I'm wondering what implications this has in terms of her root capabilities (as compared to my Nexus for example). Will she be able to do full Nandroid backups/restores? Flash custom ROMs/kernels? Use apps like Wi-Fi Tether?

If yes, then what does S-off prevent? If no...I guess I'll have to dig around to find a way to get S-off too=/ Thanks!

-mtmjr90

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
You need s so of to flash rooms sigh its known as a soft root and will go away when rebooted and the boot loader is still locked s off is in locked boot loader

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

moda.root

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Your phone is has s-off I see that and it possibly has unrevoked access to root so I would say that the device that you are in need of help with it has not the access the security access of recovery nor stock anymore ur phone is s-off because it needs root with unrevoked. I would reccommend the unrevoked method. Check su as such if u can and root ur phone I will be back to check ltr. Peace!

-mtmjr90[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non