Developers PLEASE!!! WE WANT WEB OS

evankwh

May 26, 2010
Visit site
any body out their who has the power or brain NEEDS to go out an make a way to run web os on android because it would be so amazing. I really want to beable to do this on my android phone as it would be AWESOME.
SO PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ALL US PEOPLE WHO WANT ANDROID + WEB OS ON ONE AWESOME PHONE WITH GREAT HARDWARE

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Almost sounds like you should by a palm if it's that important to you. I think most that have gone the way of Android (like myself...a previous BB, WinMo, Palm user) have done so because they actually like what it offers.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
any body out their who has the power or brain NEEDS to go out an make a way to run web os on android because it would be so amazing. I really want to beable to do this on my android phone as it would be AWESOME.
SO PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ALL US PEOPLE WHO WANT ANDROID + WEB OS ON ONE AWESOME PHONE WITH GREAT HARDWARE

No offense but that makes no sense. i:Di
You say people want Android + Web OS. Android is an OS, NOT the hardware.
Oh I guess you meant a WebOS emulator then? Why would you need that when any software for the Pre is already on Android for the most part.

If you want nicer hardware running WebOS, just wait for the next WebOS device to come out. If you HAVE to have WebOS that is your only option.

I want the Android OS, I came from a Pre and it was great but Android offers a lot if you learn to use it. The key here is *IF* you learn to use it!!!

If you just got an Evo you simply need to give it more time man. Hell it has only been 5 days!!! Learn and read how to tweak it. I already have a bunch of stuff on my Evo that makes it very nice.

There are ways that WebOS worked that were GREAT, like dismissing individual notifications, but I can deal with it. Android offers sooooo much more...

Last edited:

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
While I don't agree with the OP (and his Tourette's induced delivery), I can see the appeal of a EVO-like webOS phone.

But this is not the forum for it, though.

cbfinger

May 17, 2010
Visit site

here a cool task killer like webos you can swipe up apps to close them if we all donate to this dev cause he'll t likely make is super cool

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Coming from Webos, ALL I miss is the great copy and paste, and being able to select running apps a tad more quickly. Android so far has proven to keep me better organized, and I have a feeling of confidence that whatever I want to do will simply "just work." Integration with Google (obviously) is amazing and I smile everytime my Evo asks me if I want to dial out using my sprint # or Voice. I didn't know what I was missing.

kzz5

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The guy who helped design the user interface of WebOs just went to Google's android team so perhaps they are going to make multitasking and other things better looking like WebOs's card system.

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
Coming from Webos, ALL I miss is the great copy and paste, and being able to select running apps a tad more quickly. Android so far has proven to keep me better organized, and I have a feeling of confidence that whatever I want to do will simply "just work." Integration with Google (obviously) is amazing and I smile everytime my Evo asks me if I want to dial out using my sprint # or Voice. I didn't know what I was missing.

+1 I totally agree. I came from a palm pre after buying it last year on launch day. The UI is pretty nice but the hardware was crap imho. I quickly went back to my blackberry and gave the palm to my gf. With in six months she was not digging it either, and was ready for an upgrade.

After the pretty wears off, you quickly realize its not all that. Palm's app store is like McDonalds condiment bar, very limited. I myself bought into the hype of webos hence the reason I fought the crowds on launch day to get the thing.

Currently I think Android is the most open, the most customizable, and shows the most promise for the future. Just my 0.02

jorgetech

May 11, 2010
Visit site
The guy who helped design the user interface of WebOs just went to Google's android team so perhaps they are going to make multitasking and other things better looking like WebOs's card system.

Exactly what I was thinking. More & more Palm employees are jumping ship to Google & do NOT be surprised if WebOS like technology is released.

morellox

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I miss the notification management, direct FB integration of that app to the notifications but that's an app thing right? and I miss the app management, tossing them left/right and throwing them away when I'm done and not needing a 'task killer'

but the hardware of the EVO and the things it does so quickly are selling me thus far.... i just really MISS some things about webOS

ibmman69

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I too had a Palm Pre Plus before I bought the Incredible. The function and design of WebOS is superior to Android. I don't think there is a lot of disagreement on that point. The HUGE thing that killed WebOS for me was the absence of spell check. No spell check? Seriously? That omission should win the award for software faux pas of the first decade of the 21st century.

Eric1987

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
No offense but that makes no sense. i:Di
You say people want Android + Web OS. Android is an OS, NOT the hardware.
Oh I guess you meant a WebOS emulator then? Why would you need that when any software for the Pre is already on Android for the most part.

If you want nicer hardware running WebOS, just wait for the next WebOS device to come out. If you HAVE to have WebOS that is your only option.

I want the Android OS, I came from a Pre and it was great but Android offers a lot if you learn to use it. The key here is *IF* you learn to use it!!!

If you just got an Evo you simply need to give it more time man. Hell it has only been 5 days!!! Learn and read how to tweak it. I already have a bunch of stuff on my Evo that makes it very nice.

There are ways that WebOS worked that were GREAT, like dismissing individual notifications, but I can deal with it. Android offers sooooo much more...

I still like webos more but I love the evo's hardware more than my Pre. It would be heaven to have webos on the evo.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
this probably won't happen, at least officially (that is google incorporating webOS cards and things like that). Palm still owns those patents, which HP now owns. The guy from Palm who works at google will not fall back on his previous achievements because of a few reasons a) legality. b) it isn't original anymore. it could have been if it was done around the same time as Palm did it but it just wont sit well this much later. c) with the resources that he now has at his fingertips, he will probably create something that will be ground breaking and years ahead of the webOS features.

it's kind of hard to tell what will happen but i have a feeling Google will not let Android receive any updates that could hinder it. if they were able to incorporate the card system with the screens and widgets that android has, that would be interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa