Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    evankwh's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

    Default Developers PLEASE!!! WE WANT WEB OS

    any body out their who has the power or brain NEEDS to go out an make a way to run web os on android because it would be so amazing. I really want to beable to do this on my android phone as it would be AWESOME.
    SO PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ALL US PEOPLE WHO WANT ANDROID + WEB OS ON ONE AWESOME PHONE WITH GREAT HARDWARE
  2. #2  
  3. #3  

    Default

    too expensive & how would an investor make any money since nowadays everyone wants free stuff?
  4. #4  
    nalpakj's Avatar

    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

    Default

    Almost sounds like you should by a palm if it's that important to you. I think most that have gone the way of Android (like myself...a previous BB, WinMo, Palm user) have done so because they actually like what it offers.
  5. #5  

    Default

    we dont want palmos on our devices. android is the wave of the future. get a palm rosey palm
    Sprint|HTC|EVO 4G|Supersonic!
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evankwh View Post
    any body out their who has the power or brain NEEDS to go out an make a way to run web os on android because it would be so amazing. I really want to beable to do this on my android phone as it would be AWESOME.
    SO PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ALL US PEOPLE WHO WANT ANDROID + WEB OS ON ONE AWESOME PHONE WITH GREAT HARDWARE

    No offense but that makes no sense. ii
    You say people want Android + Web OS. Android is an OS, NOT the hardware.
    Oh I guess you meant a WebOS emulator then? Why would you need that when any software for the Pre is already on Android for the most part.

    If you want nicer hardware running WebOS, just wait for the next WebOS device to come out. If you HAVE to have WebOS that is your only option.

    I want the Android OS, I came from a Pre and it was great but Android offers a lot if you learn to use it. The key here is *IF* you learn to use it!!!

    If you just got an Evo you simply need to give it more time man. Hell it has only been 5 days!!! Learn and read how to tweak it. I already have a bunch of stuff on my Evo that makes it very nice.

    There are ways that WebOS worked that were GREAT, like dismissing individual notifications, but I can deal with it. Android offers sooooo much more...
    Last edited by Paladin; 06-08-2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks
  7. #7  

    Default

    While I don't agree with the OP (and his Tourette's induced delivery), I can see the appeal of a EVO-like webOS phone.

    But this is not the forum for it, though.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evankwh View Post
    any body out their who has the power or brain NEEDS to go out an make a way to run web os on android because it would be so amazing. I really want to beable to do this on my android phone as it would be AWESOME.
    SO PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ALL US PEOPLE WHO WANT ANDROID + WEB OS ON ONE AWESOME PHONE WITH GREAT HARDWARE
    here a cool task killer like webos you can swipe up apps to close them if we all donate to this dev cause he'll t likely make is super cool
  9. #9  
    rugbyua9's Avatar

    Posts
    537 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbfinger View Post
    here a cool task killer like webos you can swipe up apps to close them if we all donate to this dev cause he'll t likely make is super cool
    wtf?
  10. #10  
    PreGk's Avatar

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

    Default

    Coming from Webos, ALL I miss is the great copy and paste, and being able to select running apps a tad more quickly. Android so far has proven to keep me better organized, and I have a feeling of confidence that whatever I want to do will simply "just work." Integration with Google (obviously) is amazing and I smile everytime my Evo asks me if I want to dial out using my sprint # or Voice. I didn't know what I was missing.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Isn't this an android central? you should go to pre central =_=
  12. #12  
    kzz5's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

    Default

    The guy who helped design the user interface of WebOs just went to Google's android team so perhaps they are going to make multitasking and other things better looking like WebOs's card system.
  13. #13  
    slipdisc's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by androgk View Post
    Coming from Webos, ALL I miss is the great copy and paste, and being able to select running apps a tad more quickly. Android so far has proven to keep me better organized, and I have a feeling of confidence that whatever I want to do will simply "just work." Integration with Google (obviously) is amazing and I smile everytime my Evo asks me if I want to dial out using my sprint # or Voice. I didn't know what I was missing.
    +1 I totally agree. I came from a palm pre after buying it last year on launch day. The UI is pretty nice but the hardware was crap imho. I quickly went back to my blackberry and gave the palm to my gf. With in six months she was not digging it either, and was ready for an upgrade.

    After the pretty wears off, you quickly realize its not all that. Palm's app store is like McDonalds condiment bar, very limited. I myself bought into the hype of webos hence the reason I fought the crowds on launch day to get the thing.

    Currently I think Android is the most open, the most customizable, and shows the most promise for the future. Just my 0.02
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rbman5 View Post
    The guy who helped design the user interface of WebOs just went to Google's android team so perhaps they are going to make multitasking and other things better looking like WebOs's card system.
    Exactly what I was thinking. More & more Palm employees are jumping ship to Google & do NOT be surprised if WebOS like technology is released.
  15. #15  
    morellox's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

    Default

    I miss the notification management, direct FB integration of that app to the notifications but that's an app thing right? and I miss the app management, tossing them left/right and throwing them away when I'm done and not needing a 'task killer'

    but the hardware of the EVO and the things it does so quickly are selling me thus far.... i just really MISS some things about webOS
  16. #16  
    echto's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

    Default

    I said "Good-bye" to WebOS when I switched from the Palm Pre to the EVO. I have no regrets at all.
  17. #17  
    ibmman69's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

    Default

    I too had a Palm Pre Plus before I bought the Incredible. The function and design of WebOS is superior to Android. I don't think there is a lot of disagreement on that point. The HUGE thing that killed WebOS for me was the absence of spell check. No spell check? Seriously? That omission should win the award for software faux pas of the first decade of the 21st century.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    No offense but that makes no sense. ii
    You say people want Android + Web OS. Android is an OS, NOT the hardware.
    Oh I guess you meant a WebOS emulator then? Why would you need that when any software for the Pre is already on Android for the most part.

    If you want nicer hardware running WebOS, just wait for the next WebOS device to come out. If you HAVE to have WebOS that is your only option.

    I want the Android OS, I came from a Pre and it was great but Android offers a lot if you learn to use it. The key here is *IF* you learn to use it!!!

    If you just got an Evo you simply need to give it more time man. Hell it has only been 5 days!!! Learn and read how to tweak it. I already have a bunch of stuff on my Evo that makes it very nice.

    There are ways that WebOS worked that were GREAT, like dismissing individual notifications, but I can deal with it. Android offers sooooo much more...
    I still like webos more but I love the evo's hardware more than my Pre. It would be heaven to have webos on the evo.
  19. #19  
    Brett's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,394 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

    Default

    this probably won't happen, at least officially (that is google incorporating webOS cards and things like that). Palm still owns those patents, which HP now owns. The guy from Palm who works at google will not fall back on his previous achievements because of a few reasons a) legality. b) it isn't original anymore. it could have been if it was done around the same time as Palm did it but it just wont sit well this much later. c) with the resources that he now has at his fingertips, he will probably create something that will be ground breaking and years ahead of the webOS features.

    it's kind of hard to tell what will happen but i have a feeling Google will not let Android receive any updates that could hinder it. if they were able to incorporate the card system with the screens and widgets that android has, that would be interesting

Posting Permissions

B